67 barracuda certicard Id help

-

73drtsport

Reaction score
Hey all I picked up a 67 barracuda vert project w/ the original 273 and 904 last weekend at an estate sale. (Maybe too much of a project for me we'll see what happens) It's a 1 owner car and I got a fair amount of the original paperwork (no build sheet). The fender tag is there but most of the bottom left is corroded and I can't read it. The certicard was in the glovebox along with years of maintenance records and other neat goodies. I've done some research but can't figure out exactly what all the codes are on the certicard. And can't completely decipher fender tag. (Not very familiar with codes and fender tags) I'll post pics of the fender tag and card. Few pics of the car too! Any help would be appreciated.

20200606_220453.jpg

20200607_074212.jpg

20200606_220527.jpg

20200609_192938.jpg

20200609_193032.jpg

20200609_192948.jpg

20200609_193018.jpg

Nice car.
I do know the fender tag is read from the bottom right side, thats where it starts. Then across from right toward the left and upwards line by line.
You should see the sequence number down low, it will match the last 7 #s of the Vin#.
Option codes usually in 3 digit forms.
Then you will see the entire alphabet across the upper portion, I think that was to show the Font of each letter so theres no confusing an I for a 1.
Im sure somebody will chime in that is more familiar with the 67 Plymouth options.
I remember seeing a site that walked you through the decoding, they had a blank tag on the screen, and you just filled in the spaces. That will help.
I dont know much about Certicards, other than for maintenance, but thats a nice plus to have.
Pace yourself and enjoy, its a really nice find.

Nice project, but you'll enjoy it. I also have a 67 vert. It's late here I'll take a look at your fender tag and tell you what I can make out.

There are various decoders online.

Screenshot_20200609-220731.png

The top row of the certicard is the vin
The next row is the same as the AX TRM PNT UBS row on the fender card.

Thanks fellas, I was excited to get it! Original owner had started a restoration then age caught up and he gave it up. I got all the lights, bezels, trim, emblems, extra grill because original was designed a little bit, and much more with it. He also had brand new in the box white leather seat coverings and seat foam from legendary, and a brand new carpet kit as well, definite bonus! Oh and the original hub caps in great condition. It was an auction sale and it was in kind of an unlit barn and I didn't have much time to look at so to say the least it has more rust than I was expecting. Mainly on the quarter's and the normal spots but it's all a little overwhelming being as it's my first real project car.

There are various decoders online.

View attachment 1715543702

The top row of the certicard is the vin
The next row is the same as the AX TRM PNT UBS row on the fender card.
Ok I used a decoder online and got this much info. I can't read enough of the fender tag to get anymore but maybe if I take it off i'll be able to read it better from the back.
20200609_213336.jpg

Oh and one more newb question before I head for the shower, is another tag anywhere? For some reason I thought I'd find one in the trunk but no dice.

Picture shows Deluxe Chrome Wheel Covers. They were an option.
I need to find my code book for the fender tag, but someone might beat me to it.
I can tell you bottom row 501 is your build date May 1st.

Factory a/c in a vert is a little rare. I think even more so with the cooler white top and interior.
Pic shows wheel opening moldings and rocker moldings. There are option codes for these things too. With all that and the deluxe wheel covers,, I would have to add the bumperettes to complete the exterior dress up options.
The build sheet is most often found in the rear seat springs, What is left of it anyway.

Gently take the fender tag off & soak it in water & about 4 drops of Dawn dish washing soap use a soft paint brush to remove any stubborn dirt. If you still have trouble reading it, turn it over & try reading the numbers from the back side of the tag.

Gently take the fender tag off & soak it in water & about 4 drops of Dawn dish washing soap use a soft paint brush to remove any stubborn dirt. If you still have trouble reading it, turn it over & try reading the numbers from the back side of the tag.
And if you do take the fender tag off treat it like a gold bar...don't loose it!! There is only one!!

Your paint is QQ1 from certicard
Engine is D 273 2bbl

Last edited:
Oh and one more newb question before I head for the shower, is another tag anywhere? For some reason I thought I'd find one in the trunk but no dice.
I never heard of another fender tag, just the build sheet corroborates options w the fender tag.
I beleive they started to stamp the Sequence # (last #s of Vin) on the radiator bracket and inside trunk lip in 1969.
If u don't find a build sheet in the rear seat springs, my friend found his taped to the top of his glovebox insert when he removed the sleeve.
Good luck.

Last edited:
What happened to the Dart in your avatar, that looks serious.
I was on my way to work one morning with my buddy following me and I shifted into third on a wet spot in the road and lost control and slid into a stump on the side of the road. It was no fun. It was 3 years ago when I was young, stupid and 23. I feel much more wise now:rofl:

Last edited:
Factory a/c in a vert is a little rare. I think even more so with the cooler white top and interior.
Pic shows wheel opening moldings and rocker moldings. There are option codes for these things too. With all that and the deluxe wheel covers,, I would have to add the bumperettes to complete the exterior dress up options.
The build sheet is most often found in the rear seat springs, What is left of it anyway.
Ha I had no idea the build sheet was in the rear seat springs good to know! Hopefully it's somewhat intact

-
Back