67 Barracuda Conv. Doors Interchange

-

dogpro

Reaction score
Do any 67-69 Barracuda Coupe or Fastback doors interchange
with a 67 Barracuda convertible and if so is the glass the same
or do I need to use the original glass. Thanks, Lou

I thinks so. But the mirror/s are set back on 68/69.

The glass is body specific. Convertible doors have anti rattle parts in the door and B pillar.

As said you can use any 67-69 door but will need to use the convertible glass. Also if you still have it transfer the rubber wedge to the new door for the anti rattle. If you don’t have it you can get replacements from year one and such.

Thanks guys, yes I still have the door it is just crunched and rusted but all of the parts are there.
Lou

Your inner mechanisms are year specific I believe so keep everything. Door lock knobs are in different positions year to year.

I replaced the door on my 67 vert with a door off a 68 notch. I got real lucky and found a rust free door locally. The 68 door was partially stripped, no glass or vent window assembly. Both doors had remote control outside mirrors that were located the same.

When looking at swapping parts between doors I discovered that the 67 vent window assembly is mounted differently than it is in a 68 door. The easiest way to resolve this issue was to cut off the upper inner part of the door and swap between doors, although I suppose I could've looked for a 68 vent assembly. I was glad I discovered this before painting the door.

Regarding the wedge block that goes on the end of the door there were little dimples in the end of the 68 door where the screw holes needed to be for mounting the block.

When I had a pile of vent windows here from fastback and convertible, I mocked them up to see the differences. Other than the above mentioned mounting difference, the frames were the same! I have a notchback drivers door here, but didn’t mock that up!

-
Back