67 barracuda EZ Wiring Questions

-

67Plymouthbarracuda

Reaction score
I got a universal wiring harness from EZ wiring and the instructions have diagrams for all of the under hood stuff, but my questions are in the dash. If anyone has experience with this harness (or the painless one) I would greatly appreciate the input. My main concern is with the wiper switch which is the last plug I have left. I look at the original wiring diagram to see what each wire from the plug goes to, but still can't seem to figure out where each wire goes. Thanks in advance!!!

IIRC, the EZ wiring only has power to the switch. The rest you have to do. I could be wrong though.

You are looking at the factory shop manual? You have variable, 2 speed, or 3 speed?

You are looking at the factory shop manual? You have variable, 2 speed, or 3 speed?

call E Z and ask for Sean , he can answer any question you may have. he is one smart son of a gun when it comes to wiring. ask me how I know ! I couldn't have rewired mine w/o him !! do it !!!

call E Z and ask for Sean , he can answer any question you may have. he is one smart son of a gun when it comes to wiring. ask me how I know ! I couldn't have rewired mine w/o him !! do it !!!

I'm re he too would ask "which wiper system ?". Variable 3 speed with electric wash will have the highest wire count to the switch. The terminals are labeled on the back of the switch if that helps.

Redfastback is correct. You only have 1 wire for the wiper. Its the power wire. You will have to run the rest of the wires from the switch to the wiper motor yourself.

Also as mentioned Sean at EZ is a great resource. It takes some time to get a hold of him, because he is the only one in the tech dept.

On my son's 70 Swinger, I separated the factory wiring from the switch to the wiper motor from the main harness. Those wires and connectors were in good shape. I removed the factory feed wire and used a factory style blade terminal on the aftermarket wiper feed wire. Pico makes the original spade type terminals. You can use a small screwdriver to remove the original terminals from the connector.

I used to get mine from Terminal Supply Company.

http://terminalsupplyco.com/default.aspx

None of these shown are correct for "most" of the Mopar stuff, those are "GM" style, although there are a few Mopar connectors which use them

http://terminalsupplyco.com/Store/Default.aspx?CAT=DEL010030&PCAT=53133#Categories

56FEMTERM.JPG

Some of the ones I used were left over from the AAW kit I put in my kid's C-10. The others I got from the local parts house. They were the Pico brand. They aren't exactly the same, but they snap into the connectors and seem to stay put.

The bulkhead and all plastic male/female connectors use them. They may not look exact, but they fit and work exact.
Best if you have the double crimp pliers too.

The bulkhead and all plastic male/female connectors use them. They may not look exact, but they fit and work exact.
Best if you have the double crimp pliers too.

I'm tellin you they don't. At least SOME of them don't. Many of those with the piece "folded back" as I pictured do NOT work in Mopar connectors.

Well I ordered packs of 100 for my shop of all #56 terminals, male and female. I have had them fit GM and Mopar connectors. Some original mopar connectors are a bit fussy, but they have always fit. Used the for years. They are close to even the M&H harnesses you get from Year One.

I don't know what to tell you. I did some 67-69 Mopar connectors awhile back, and had a few GM ones that (I think) came in one of the EZ/Painless kits I have. There is no possible way they will work. I posted the link earlier where I bought Mopar style connectors, "clips n fasteners"

None of these shown are correct for "most" of the Mopar stuff, those are "GM" style, although there are a few Mopar connectors which use them

http://terminalsupplyco.com/Store/Default.aspx?CAT=DEL010030&PCAT=53133#Categories

56FEMTERM.JPG

This may be true, however my replacement engine compartment harness and rear lamp harness that are repops through year one have the packard 56 female terminals in them. I think they fit together tighter, and make better contact than the original spades, do i am redoing my dash harness this way as well. I bought the special crimper and packard 56 terminals from Pico, i am crimping and soldering them in place.

Correct or not. I have used #56 terminals both male female, and #58 terminals like Mopar original ones and they all seem to fit together. I have repaired and modified countless harnesses, both GM and Mopar with used plastic connectors that I salvaged off original harnesses and spliced in new wire with new above stated connectors. I have used the #59 terminals with original plastic connectors for modifying the headlight harnesses with relays.

Not sure how to explain it, but never had an issue. They all click into the plastic connectors without issue.

I looked up Pico, and all I saw were # 58 terminals that just dont have the spring portion where the male terminal slides into.

I don't know what to tell you. I did some 67-69 Mopar connectors awhile back, and had a few GM ones that (I think) came in one of the EZ/Painless kits I have. There is no possible way they will work. I posted the link earlier where I bought Mopar style connectors, "clips n fasteners"

The link in this post goes to an Ebay listing for PACKARD 56 TERMINALS listed as Mopar connectors.

If in doubt about fitment, call M&H Electrical, they are licensed by Year One to make the Chrysler harnesses. They have the blueprints of the original harnesses.

www.wiringharness.com

The link in this post goes to an Ebay listing for PACKARD 56 TERMINALS listed as Mopar connectors.

If in doubt about fitment, call M&H Electrical, they are licensed by Year One to make the Chrysler harnesses. They have the blueprints of the original harnesses.

www.wiringharness.com

OK now I'm completely lost. "What?" ebay listing? The link you posted here does not seem to have these terminals??

HERE is where I bought mine

http://www.clipsandfasteners.com/Electrical_Terminal_14_12_Gauge_1_4_Female_p/a15504.htm

These are the correct type for at least the "older" Mopars. I have seen some that were posted earlier in the thread......with the "folded back tab" that fit some of the connectors in the later cars

A15504-2T.jpg

NAPA had some of the male terminals locally, but they wanted.............SEVENTY FIVE CENTS apiece!!!

-
Back