67 Barracuda Fastback Weatherstripping

-

BrendonAF

Reaction score
Hey FABO,

The time has come in the resto-process for my '67 Fish to have the back glass taken out. Before the effort is made to cut out the hardened seal that goes around the back glass to get it out, I wanted to check and make sure that the gasket was available.

I've seen a few on Ebay and the like, but want to know who is actually manufacturing aftermarket seals for a '67 Barracuda. Are there any full weatherstripping kits available, or am I going to have to piece together everything from different vendors?

Additionally, has anyone had quality issues in the past with reproduction parts? I've heard that not all seals are made the same (some just cheap or poor quality), and would like to stay away from those before finding out the hard way...

Thanks for any help on the subject!

Brendon

I believe the 67 two piece lockstrip material is available. Not sure if it is bulk or cut to size.

Many will consider using the 68/69 rubber, but clips must be installed to attach the 68/69 trim.

There are some threads here with measurements and information.

Grant

You better have the trim from a 68/69 in hand beforer you charge off and change your rubber to that design. They are getting harder to find and higher in price. I got my 68 rubber from Laysons.

If you change the rear you should also do the front. Just my opinion.

-
Back