67 BARRACUDA FASTBACK WINDSHIELD SEAL & LOCKSTRIP

-

fivefivem

Reaction score
I know this has been discussed before but all the threads are old that cover this subject. I am needing to replace the windshield and back glass seals but I cannot find CORRECT lockstrip. have bought new lockstrip that will not fit properly. anyone know of source for correct lockstrip? STEELE rubber products does not have correct lockstrip. if original style not available; I have read about using 68 with stainless trim and seal. where can I find the ss trim other than junkyard? any info on either solution appreciated. thanks

If you have orignal 67 gasket, the only company that makes proper lockstrip is Precision Replacement. I think.they may have the gasket too. It aint cheap

All i can offer is this. New gaskets are required for 68 and up. Clips are required obviously and need to be drilled in proper locations. (Someone has dimensions/template). So with new supplies, the glass will have to come out.
Costs all add up unfortunately lol
Good luck, Im in the same boat and wrestling with which way to go.
Do you have any info on using 68 seal & ss trim? thanks

Do you have any info on using 68 seal & ss trim? thanks
Several of us have changed 67 to 68,9 gaskets and stainless reveal moldings. The front window isn't as much a money pit because that is same parts for lots of A-bodies. It's reproduced too.
The rear window is B'cuda only. A nice complete set of that reveal molding sells at around 350 here to 500+ at ebay.
Then there's the fit and finish aspect... There are 4 places where the roof was welded and mudded. These lines didn't need to be close to straight on a 67 body because there was no trim hugged up to it. The trim/moldings can show imperfections that you had never noticed.
I lost my pics of this thru photobucket.com. The trim on my 67 notch looked better on the 68 I took it off of. Take a 6 inch straight edge to your a-pillar posts and sail panels joins. I have to assume the 68 and later line workers had a straight edge or some guide in hand.

PR-D690B...1967 A-Body 2 dr Hardtop (Cuda / Dart)...Front Windshield Weatherstrip....$192.00

DU-WGS2357...1967 Barracuda - Fastback Rear Window Weatherstrip...$265.00

IN-67WR...1967 A-Body Front windshield lockstrips. (4 piece kit)...$239 set

RS-67RMCS...1967 Barracuda / Valiant / Dart - Front Windshield Revell Mldg Clip Set of (4)...$60.00

IN-FB5...1967 Barracuda fastback 3-piece rear window lockstrip set. (The stainless-steel end caps are not available yet)... $219 set

Give us a call toll free 877-930-4088.....

Thanks,
Rick

Hi Rick, are the lockstrips made by Precision? I dont want to order something that wont fit my original gaskets.
PR-D690B...1967 A-Body 2 dr Hardtop (Cuda / Dart)...Front Windshield Weatherstrip....$192.00

DU-WGS2357...1967 Barracuda - Fastback Rear Window Weatherstrip...$265.00

IN-67WR...1967 A-Body Front windshield lockstrips. (4 piece kit)...$239 set

RS-67RMCS...1967 Barracuda / Valiant / Dart - Front Windshield Revell Mldg Clip Set of (4)...$60.00

IN-FB5...1967 Barracuda fastback 3-piece rear window lockstrip set. (The stainless-steel end caps are not available yet)... $219 set

Give us a call toll free 877-930-4088.....

Thanks,
Rick

Hi sorry I dont have the template handy. Not sure if I do have it. Do a search im pretty sure i saw it on here...somewhere lol
I'd like to have that template or pattern as I need to do this to my 67 as well.

fastbackclippattern.JPG
windshieldClips.JPG
Not physical templates. I found 2 of the 3 drawings. Notch back rear is here somewhere, or it was.

The lockstrips are the correct ones. They have been verified on Dave's 69 Cuda convertible which uses the same profile as the '67 lockstrips.

Thank you RedFish.....much needed info there.
:thumbsup:
Maybe not. Notice a pattern. 6 to 8 inches apart , clear of corners and clear of trim joins and body panel joins by atleast 2 inhes. Basics that apply to any application. Only a purist would need such detail for whatever vehicle.
When moving a gasket and trim to a vehicle that wasn't built for it there are more important factors to consider. Body work at panel joins is only one of.
Some aftermarket vendors have provided the wrong clips for years. That taller clip, generic, works fine on GM and ford, doesn't work in most early Chrysler applications. The correct/shorter clip will fit just below the body panel corner so the trim lays like a continuation of the body line.
We all tend to work with gravity placing the bottom of the glass in first. Then when we get to the top finish, the gasket wont roll in and lay closed to the headliner like it should ( most often at rear glass. Disappointing result seen in rear view mirror ). The factory service manuals state, "Place the top of the glass first". Maybe because its a lot easier to apply pressure forcing the gasket to roll in along the bottom. Maybe because less that perfect at the bottom isn't so obvious.
The pinch weld that the gasket sits on is called "fence". There isn't a continuous fence along the bottom of a front/windshield glass. Only a few short segments. That suggests that the fence itself isn't so critical but is it? When working with aftermarket gaskets and/or glasses, or adapting to the different model body, trimming the length/height of that continuous fence a 16th all the way around and relieving the corners on this different body can be very beneficial. With a tad more forgiveness you can place the bottom of the glass first, get the gasket to push out and under the moldings like it should, and get the top of the gasket to roll in and lay like it should. It aint going to leak or fall out because you trimmed that fence.
So I've tried to cover all the causes of the many "GRRRRR" and "do over" threads you could find here. Good luck

Last edited:
Hi Rick, are the lockstrips made by Precision? I dont want to order something that wont fit my original gaskets.

Hi sorry I dont have the template handy. Not sure if I do have it. Do a search im pretty sure i saw it on here...somewhere lol
I have rec'd samples from several companies since posting this question and the only company offering correct lockstrip that I have been able to find is PRECISION REPLACEMENT; just get ready to take out a bank loan! terribly expensive!

-
Back