67 barracuda glove box liner whats different?

-

fuzzman

Reaction score
Het all can someone post a picture of the glove box liner for a 67 barracuda? When you look it up in Year one or Classic they list a one year only and when the picture comes up it doesn't look anything like it should. I did replace mine for my 67 years ago and it looked just like the 68 and 69 barracuda glove box liner. The reason I ask is I have to replace mine and want to see the difference if someone has one already installed in there car and would post a picture.
Thanks
Pat Faley
67 Barracuda notchback
69 barracuda convertible project

Het all can someone post a picture of the glove box liner for a 67 barracuda? When you look it up in Year one or Classic they list a one year only and when the picture comes up it doesn't look anything like it should. I did replace mine for my 67 years ago and it looked just like the 68 and 69 barracuda glove box liner. The reason I ask is I have to replace mine and want to see the difference if someone has one already installed in there car and would post a picture.
Thanks
Pat Faley
67 Barracuda notchback
69 barracuda convertible project

The liner would seem to be the same. The door is different for sure. I once had a plastic clamshell type from 71 plus in my 69 and it fit just fine.

The liner would seem to be the same. The door is different for sure. I once had a plastic clamshell type from 71 plus in my 69 and it fit just fine.
Gerald
Like I said I did this once quite a few years ago and I used the same one that is for the 68 and 69 one so confused that there is a one year only for a 67
Pat

Have to look at the wiring diagram, Oops I do not have the 67 accessory drawings.

The only difference would seem to be if it had the knockout for the glove box lamp or not. 68/69 had the knockout. No A01 option then then the knockout was not removed. A01 option it was with the opaqe lens installed!

By the way. Merry Christmas Patrick!

Last edited:
1st 4 pics of repop used in dads 67 cuda. Fits good but you have to collapse it some to fit it in. Says 67 one year only on it.
Last pic is side by side of an original, not sure the year could be outta my 69. You can see the lower leading edge has cutouts on the material. Not so on the original.

View attachment 1715000301

View attachment 1715000302

View attachment 1715000303

View attachment 1715000304

View attachment 1715000305

Cut outs On the lower end like that it would only seem the hinge area differed. Does that makes sense?

One thing for sure is there are subtitle differences for all three years of our second Gen cars. Some of them similar for 67/68 and them some for 68/69, but all three years are slightly different!

Last edited:
I put a later palstic one in my 67 with np problems. I know that isn't your question but suggests that it is negligable whatever the difference might be

I put a later palstic one in my 67 with np problems. I know that isn't your question but suggests that it is negligable whatever the difference might be

I agree, me also in a 69! I now have a repro 68/69!

Last edited:
I think your right Gerald the difference is in 2 hinges vs 1 cable possibly
Cut outs On the lower end like that it would only seem the hinge area differed. Does that makes sense?

One thing for sure is there are subtitle differences for all three years of our second Gen cars. Some of them similar for 67/68 and them some for 68/69, but all three years are slightly different!

I do not have a 67 glove box hinge to compare, but only know the latch was different and think it was available with a lock.

Beyond the difference in 67 door hinge and self closing spring over center type spring... the nuts to secure the glovebox are crimped into the raw edge of the cardboard box. This box is supposed to be installed from under to up and in behind the dash opening. Some will attempt to collapse the box and bring it out though the door opening. The old cardboard rarely survives. Anyway...
First they changed the hinge and deleted the spring action ( 1968 model ). A catch cord and actual latch was required on the door where the earlier spring had required only a drawer pull like handle.
Second, they placed 'U' nuts on the dash holes and cleared the holes on the box ( I'm not sure what year model ). That box has a heavy lip around the outer edge and is installed directly through the door opening.

-
Back