67 Barracuda headliner install

-

RDJ

Reaction score
I got the inside of my 67 Barracuda gutted, except the headliner channel above the doors. There is only one screw at the front end of this. So, It looks like I need to remove the chrome trim at the top of the drip rail seal at the top of the windows to get to the chrome trim, to get to hidden screws to remove this? Is this correct? I don't want to remove the seal unless I have to.

Also, the windsheild and rear window gaskets go over the headliner. Do you just fold this back some and glue the headliner? I am going to change the gaskets to 68 later anyway.

I'm not sure I can answer the first part of your question without seeing a picture of of what your trying to remove but as far as the glass goes , you have pull the front and rear out to install the headliner .

thanks for the reply. here are a couple of pics of what I mean. The first is the "channel" I'm talking about, and the second is the "chrome trim" that looks like maybe it needs to come out to get the channel out?

linerchan.jpg

chrome.jpg

there are some special clips under that channel . They clothes pin the headlinner into place and the channel snaps onto them also.
If you peel back the edge of the window gaskets your find teeth like anchors stamped out of the sheet metal that the headlinner is attached to.
If you search the subject here you'll find a lot of members have agreed the umbrella type headlinner install is a job for experienced pros.
Only real advise I have is cover those rear seat anchors with something or your knees will be bleeding soon. Good luck

I just did this on my '68. On one side I already had the roof rail trim off so it was easy to pop that trim off. There is only the one screw at the front. On the other side, the roof rail trim was still in place. I was able to use a bit of a twisting motion to remove the piece. I'm sure that's not how any book would say to do it, but it worked. ;-)

Good luck.

-
Back