67 Barracuda hood inserts questions

-

buzzkill71

Reaction score
I have a set but they are pitted and not in great shape. I have several questions about replacing or restoring.

1. Are there repro units available and if so can anyone direct me to a link? I have not been able to find any after many hours of trolling the interwebs
2. If not, are they restorable? mine are very pitted and the shine is dull in several places, not sure the metal these are made of can be repaired and rechromed....I think they are made of pot metal so I'm thinking it isn't really doable
3. If not restorable, anyone have a line on a good set? I don't need NOS but very nice driver quality would be what I am looking for.

As always thanks in advance, this forum has never ever let me down on getting the scoop on A body questions.

No they are not reproduced. Sometimes you can find them in decent shape on eBay Craigslist and even here. As far as restoring, good luck.

I've seen restored 67 hood medallions. Priced well out of my reach. What they do is grind/tool/ whittle away the shallow pits and fill the deeper ones. End result, Lines aren't as straight or crisp and imperfections show when sunlight hits it right. Until the aftermarket chooses to repop these...
Good luck finding pretty ones.

Thanks all for the feedback...I guess I'll stick with what I have for now and hope the repop scene comes to our rescue on these.

Heres pics of one I have for sale. A few minor blemishes. All studs there. It'll polish up nicely.

20160904_105617.jpg

20160904_105647.jpg

Because these 67 only medallions are so detailed, and hold so much water, they typically look like crap. I expected them to be of the earliest reproduction parts. High hopes I guess for I was wrong. Might be because they are a 1 year only part.
Could be that if enough 67 Barracuda owners would write Classic Industries and request these base model medallions...

-
Back