67 barracuda hubs

-

tekslk

Reaction score
Looking at changing the rear wheels to big bolt pattern what must I do. Slos seen on spike tv 600 holley carb double pump conversion that looked real insteresting anyone no anything about it?

you can get your axles and brake drums redrilled for the 4&1/2 inch pattern,but it's not ideal for high horsepower. you can also buy aftermarket axles,not sure but you might have to change to B-body backing plates and brake drums for those. if you have C-body axles shortened and resplined you need to change backing plates and drums.

you can get your axles and brake drums redrilled for the 4&1/2 inch pattern,but it's not ideal for high horsepower. you can also buy aftermarket axles,not sure but you might have to change to B-body backing plates and brake drums for those. if you have C-body axles shortened and resplined you need to change backing plates and drums.
I had put 10 inch brakes on the rear when I put the 8 3/4 in las summer do I still need the diffrent plates and stuff or just the axles?

tek,
I have a set of A body 8 3/4 axles already re drilled for 4.5 inch bolt circle. $100.00 and I'm in the Bel Air Md area about 100 miles give or take...........

the difference between the A-body axles and B-body or C-body axles is that the flange surface is about 3/8" farther away from the housing end on the B-body and C-body. did you put stock A-body 10" by 1 3/4" brakes on your car?

If you change the axles to big bolt pattern you will need backing plates, drums, shoes and hardwarefrom an B, C, E-Body will work, 10 or 11". I think backing plates from an 8 1/4 will work too. I used 11" rear brake assemblies on my 66 Valiant, swapped the axles out with BBP, tried the 10" SBP backing plates with BBP 10" drums from a B-Body, found out they wouldn't work.

-
Back