67 Barracuda New Door Panels

-

DallasMan2000

Reaction score
Just received my new 67 Barracuda door panels and they look good. Not sure what the orange round rubber pieces are for. They are not on my old panels - maybe vibration isolators? See pic below.

Also, I had a couple of black plastic type push clips mixed in with the wire ones on the old door. The plastic ones did have a white rubber ring around the base as shown in the pic.

There were no instructions so just want to make sure I get them installed correctly. The other pins were just the regular wire type.

IMG_6955.jpeg

IMG_6952.jpeg

IMG_6954.jpeg

Along with the plastic vapor barrier, I think those orange thingys are designed to seal out the moisture from condensation which will eventually ruin the panels much like the picture of your old panels represent.

I believe they are used so when you push in the wire type retainers it doesn't show on the covered side of the panel. They tend to push out where the retainers are when pushed onto the door.

I put a couple on. Crazy difficult to get the cutout tabs out and slide in the the clips. Does this look correct?

IMG_6968.jpeg

Okay, I ordered different clips from Amazon. Thinking these will work much better based on a quick test of a similar one from the old door panel. Will report back on how well they work.

IMG_0327.png

The clips from Amazon were the way to go. Much easier for the installation process. The clips do not line up perfectly for the first install. I think they have to kinda wear a groove before you can just slap the panels on and pound them in. I started from one side and lined up each clip by reaching around and feeling them in the hole, then popping the clip in. The most time sinking part of the process is picking out the cut-outs in the new panels without damaging the vinyl cover. The die cuts are not deep enough so you have to painfully dig each one out - took me hours. My new panels came from Classic, but I knew when buying them that they were just a buy/resell. Price was lower through Classic because my order size was around $1k. Here is a pic of the @#&*@# die cuts.

IMG_6993.jpeg

Here are a couple of pics from the finished install and one of the old panels. Huge upgrade for the interior.

IMG_6990.jpeg

IMG_6991.jpeg

IMG_6992.jpeg

Here is a reverse side pic of the same old panel. Guess this is what happens over time with no moisture barrier. It came from the drivers side back seat area.

IMG_6994.jpeg

-
Back