'67 Barracuda Question

-

R4Sedan

Larry
Reaction score
Can anybody tell me the difference between rear valence for the 1967 and 68,69. Barracuda. It looks like AMD makes reproduction, but they only list it for 68 & 69. The one on my '67 is in pretty bad shape and I would like to replace it. If its only minor tweaking I would buy it, but if it's totally different then I guess I would have too fix what I have. Thanks

OK.....in 1967, there were three different versions of the rear valance panels.

You could have a single rectangular cut-out for a Commando exhaust on the driver side.

You could have two rounded cut-outs for the '67 big-block cars.

Or you could have a standard style single rounded cut-out for cars with single exhaust with a turn down style tail pipe for slant 6 and 2bbl V-8 cars

Also, the '67 and '69 valances had the holes on both sides of the license plate area for the reverse bezels/lights....'68 valances do not have the holes for the reverse bezels/lights.

We have all three different styles of the '67 versions in stock.

Okay, Rick. Thanks. I have a '67 that was I think originally a two barrel car. I know have a 4-barrel with dual exhaust. So would I want the BB dual exhaust version?

You probably would want a dual exhaust version.

I made an "edit" to my initial reply on the shape of the cut-outs on the '67 dual exhaust version.

If you are going to use tail pipes with just a "turn-down", you'd want the '67 version with the dual rounded cut-outs. If you want to use bright/chrome exhaust tips, you could use the '69 version with the rectangular cut-outs. The '69 version would also have the holes for the reverse lights.

You could have two rectangular cut-outs for the big-block cars.

INCORRECT.
The 383 cars had dual round cut-outs for 1967 because the tail pipes had turn-downs. The classic Mopar rectangular dual exhaust tips did not come out until the 68 model year (340 & 383)

If the original poster wants to have dual exhaust cut-outs then the 68-69 style is the way to go but it would look best with rectangular tips. I have the AMD one for my 68.

-
Back