-
Status
Not open for further replies.

DallasMan2000

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
I need a replacement spring and actuator rod for inside the rear seat of a 67 Barracuda. I am guessing the 68 and 69 would be the same.

You can see from the pictures below that my current rod is bent and the spring is broken.

IMG_7078.jpeg

IMG_7081.jpeg

I need a replacement spring and actuator rod for inside the rear seat of a 67 Barracuda. I am guessing the 68 and 69 would be the same.

You can see from the pictures below that my current rod is bent and the spring is broken.

View attachment 1716299451

View attachment 1716299452
If it helps to fix my broken spring I bought some straight spring wire bent it to the same shape as old spring put it in the oven at 350 to set the shape and make it springy New spring looks the same and works the same as oem

Just drill a hole in the metal plate and use an extension spring from the hardware store. It works great and is on the inside where nobody can see it anyway.

Your rod is probably bent because your mechanism is binding up. Solve that problem and then straighten out the rod and you will be fine. If you put in another rod without solving the binding problem, it will just bend too.

Will cost you about $2 for a spring.

That is what I did on mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back