67 BARRACUDA REAR WINDOW TRIM

-

WAYNE0

Reaction score
I have a friend that has a 67 barracuda notchback. After i do the body & paint on it he wants to change the front & rear windows to 68-69 stainless trim. He was told that he couldnt do that for the rear. The 67 was by its self & the 68-69 barracuda rear window are different. He was told the 68-69 seals & trim are a different shape than the 67s. Has anyone done this ?

The 67 used a different gasket front and rear to accommodate the expansion strip that you push into the gasket to seal the window. Changing to the 68/69 trim requires buying the correct gasket, and adding the trim clips to hold the trim. It’s a common swap, but the window/windows need to be removed to do it.

The 67 used a different gasket front and rear to accommodate the expansion strip that you push into the gasket to seal the window. Changing to the 68/69 trim requires buying the correct gasket, and adding the trim clips to hold the trim. It’s a common swap, but the window/windows need to be removed to do it.
Thanks the windows will be out any for paint any ways O also are the rear glass the same ? Can a 68-69 rear glass be used in a 67

Last edited:
I didn’t know the glass was a little different...so 1 year back glass in the 67 notch?
Yes , the 67 notch has slightly concave back glass while 68 & 69 have slightly convex. They all will interchange and most wouldn't even notice it. I didn't know it, till someone here told me and I compared the glass I have, and found it to be true.

I didn’t know the glass was a little different...so 1 year back glass in the 67 notch?

I didn’t know that either. I do have a 68 and 69 rear window for the OP if he feels the need to change. And the front and rear window trim as well. If he’s in Michigan, he’s more than welcome to come by and pick up some stuff. The cars will all be going to scrap over the next couple weeks.

DE69245B-CD1F-4CFD-BF38-C79BC16BE4DC.jpeg

F9B7292A-7DA5-47A2-8F97-078A541249F2.jpeg

I didn’t know that either. I do have a 68 and 69 rear window for the OP if he feels the need to change. And the front and rear window trim as well. If he’s in Michigan, he’s more than welcome to come by and pick up some stuff. The cars will all be going to scrap over the next couple weeks.

View attachment 1715846544

View attachment 1715846545
If I lived closer I would come and get those jewels!

View attachment 1715846544

View attachment 1715846545

I'd love to talk you out of the outer fender splash-guards if you still have the cars (front and back). If so - DM me, and set your price w shipping to CA. I could also use the rear window trim if it's not been claimed yet.

-
Back