-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan Lusk

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
It is a 67 Barracuda that has been set up for road racing. The power comes from a mildly built 383 in front of a four speed transmission back to an 8 3/4 rear end with 3.55 gears and big bolt pattern axles with the large drum brakes. There are sway bars front and rear. In the front the lower control arms are strengthened. It has the later a_body disc brakes and tubular upper control arms. The torsion bars are Mopar 1.14. The interior is gutted and has two racing buckets and a six point roll cage. It is the main cage and the two runners going through the firewall. This car has been autocrossed in the past and is currently registered and insured in the state of California. There is also a plastic fuel cell in the trunk. I am starting my asking price at $5000, although the price is negotiable due to its uniqueness. I am selling this car because I am getting rid of everything I don't really need to pursue a dream of a career in auto racing. The car is currently located near San Luis Obispo, CA, but may soon be going to my parents place in Fresno. The deal includes another 383 block and two 440 cranks to build a stroker motor. If you have any questions or would like pics, email me at [email protected].
Thanks for viewing

It is a 67 Barracuda that has been set up for road racing. The power comes from a mildly built 383 in front of a four speed transmission back to an 8 3/4 rear end with 3.55 gears and big bolt pattern axles with the large drum brakes. There are sway bars front and rear. In the front the lower control arms are strengthened. It has the later a_body disc brakes and tubular upper control arms. The version bars are Mopar 1.14. The interior is gutted and has two racing buckets and a six point roll cage. It is the main cage and the two runners going through the firewall. This car has been autocrossed in the past and is currently registered and insured in the state is California. There is also a plastic fuel cell in the trunk. I am starting my asking price at $5000, although the price is negotiable due to its uniqueness. I am selling this car because I am getting rid of everything I don't really need to pursue a dream of a career in auto racing. The car is currently located near San Luis Obispo, CA, but may soon be going to my parents place in Fresno. The deal includes another 383 block and two 440 cranks to build a stroker motor. If you have any questions or would like pics, email me at [email protected].
Thanks for viewing

Ok Alan, where's the pictures?

I've got the pictures (his only web access right now is on his phone). There are more pictures, but this gives some idea.

Attachments

• Cuda 06.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 1,269
  • Cuda 07.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 1,217
  • Cuda 32.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 1,300
  • Engine.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 955
The inner fenderwells are completely gone now. It is an old IHRA drag car that was a little hacked around the wheel openings. We cut them a little more to clear the Nascar slicks for autocross. The street wheels are 15x7 Pete Paulsen circle track wheels. Alan also has two 15x10 Pete Paulsen wheels that still have used Nascar slicks on them.

Hi, are there any current pictures or close ups of the interior, engine compartment now. Thanks Joe

These are what Alan sent me:

Attachments

• IMAG0017.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 804
  • IMAG0016.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 809
  • IMAG0015.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 811
  • IMAG0011.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 826
  • IMAG0010.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 815
  • IMAG0008.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 817
  • IMAG0006.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 834
  • IMAG0018.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 797
Too bad you're so far away. I'd swap you my rust free 68 Satellite Sport 383/727 project for it, but I'm in Michigan. I've been looking for an A body to do just what you've done with that one! Damn.

I trying to get some video captured to post on YouTube, but the later tape appears to be corrupted. I'm capturing an early tape right now (before it was red and still racing on 14" small bolt mags).

OK, check out these You Tube videos of the car in action (note: this was with .990" torsion bars, that car now has 1.14" bars):

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajBllTF3574"]YouTube - Alan autocross 8_25_2002 run 3.mpg[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uql1FmAq5yA"]YouTube - Alan autocross 8_11_2002 run 2.mpg[/ame]

So is this car still for sale? Please let me know so we can talk on the phone.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back