67 Barracuda Rotissarie

-
Very Very Nice!!! Inspirational!!!!!!!!! Out of all the skills, I WISH I could do body work!

bmxican,

No sagging issue and did not support it. The car was completely stripped. We test fitted the doors when we were doing body work to make sure the style line at the front of the quarters were lined up with the doors and the doors fit perfectly in the hole. (lucky I guess)

Red color is on and just have to wait about an hour then we will mask off and paint the roof white. This car had a vinyl top and I do not want it back on. I am going to not use the vinyl top moldings, just make a clean line and clear coat over. It will get a three more coats of clear next week so there will be no edge where the colors meet.

Hope it looks good 2-tone. If anyone has 2-tone pics they can share please do.

Brain Fog,

My wife told me if I two-tone it it might look stupid cut in half like that (top/bottom), now I going to wait till tomorrow and think a bit more.

I know I saw a two-tone Cuda Coupe that was painted instead of a vinyl and he installed his vinyl top moldings.

Anybody remember who it was???

Help please!

Body and fenders painted, stayed with solid red, put on 3 coats of clear. Going to add 3 more coats of clear next week.

DSC02272.jpg

DSC02273.jpg

DSC02275.jpg

DSC02276.jpg

DSC02276.jpg

Notice that the reflection looks fuzzy, it is the coating that is sprayed on the inside ob the booth.

Update pics, let it sit for a few days and wet sanded it with #800, let it sit overnight and applied 3 more coats of clear. It is looking deep. Will prep the main body this weekend and clear the last of it Monday. My arms are tired of sanding!

DSC02289.jpg

DSC02294.jpg

DSC02296.jpg

Enjoy!

Looks awesome! Great work, looks like you are sticking with the headlight bucket area the same color as the car? As opposed to black?

Update pics, let it sit for a few days and wet sanded it with #800, let it sit overnight and applied 3 more coats of clear. It is looking deep. Will prep the main body this weekend and clear the last of it Monday. My arms are tired of sanding!

Enjoy!

Yours looks great!!!!!! I love clear on top of clear. Makes such a huge difference in depth and gloss.

Im right there with you. I wetsanded mine with 400 instead of 800 then 3 more coats of clear. The last few days I've been blocking mine back out with 800 all the way up to 3000. My fingers are little nubs now. One of those Thai massages would be great too.

Keep on rockin.

daves66
Actually I started with #400 then #800. I was a little nervous about clearing over #400, probably shouldn't worry so much.

I will blackout the headlamps along with the core support. Does anyone have pics of core support / headlamp buckets blacked out?

Is there supposed to be black on the lower valance also?

daves66
Actually I started with #400 then #800. I was a little nervous about clearing over #400, probably shouldn't worry so much.

I will blackout the headlamps along with the core support. Does anyone have pics of core support / headlamp buckets blacked out?

Is there supposed to be black on the lower valance also?

Yeah you can totally clear right over 400 grit. Nothing better than clear filling in on top of clear. You actually get a higher gloss using the 400 grit and the panels are super flat. You will NOT see any scratches at all. Trust me. Flows out like honey. Check mine out. Wish I had a nice booth/shop like yours. This was out of my garage. LOL.

base_clearhoodanddecklid016.jpg

base_clearhoodanddecklid019.jpg

Very nice Dave. I think I will give it a shot (painting over #400) on the body, will save me a bunch of work.

Still need some pics of the core support area.

Beautiful... makes me want to get out and get going on mine! What paint are you using?

Just starting this project. Got a long way to go but I though I might as well show from the beginning. 273 commando 4 speed car. Probably will go with 360 though. I am having trouble getting the quarter glass out.

Bob

attachment.php

I dont see torque boxes in front and rear frame in picture above? Does torque boxes available only with big block car in 2nd gen Barracuda?

Missed a few pics in the middle, have them on photo bucket but here is a short vid of the finished project. So only took me about 5 years..... Couple of years it sat because I was tired of working on it. This is a huge undertaking and to those who have done it my hat is off to you. Nothing but hard work dedication and a butt load of cash. Over view... Stayed with the 273 and 10.5 pistons, solid cam (comp 20-233-4) Weiand 8022 intake and Demon 650 carb. Used the 340hp exhaust manifolds thru Accurates 2 1/4" exhaust with Hooker Aerochamber mufflers. B-body rear end and 18" Mustang wheels. Firmfeel stage 3 steering box, reinforced K-frame, US steel sub-frame connectors, Hellwig anti-sway bars front and rear. 73-76 K-frame with Disc up front drum out back. Enjoy: [ame]http://vid753.photobucket.com/albums/xx174/Rbob_photos/1967%20Plymouth%20Barracuda%20Coupe/Barracudaemailvideo.mp4[/ame]

Rage Against the Machine! Not only do you have good taste in Cars, colors, mechanical options, but, also music!!! You're rad!!!

-
Back