67 Barrcuda Convertible frame rail replacement

-

gzig5

Reaction score
How bad is it to R&R the front frame rail on a 67 B-cuda vert? This is supposedly accident damage that wasn't fixed correctly. Haven't seen it. Guy says when you turn left that tire leans in with excessive camber. trying to get pics.

How bad is it to R&R the front frame rail on a 67 B-cuda vert? This is supposedly accident damage that wasn't fixed correctly. Haven't seen it. Guy says when you turn left that tire leans in with excessive camber. trying to get pics.
Hello fellow Cheesehead!
This post isn't gettin' any love, and it needs to.
I'm learning myself, but if it's just a frame rail, that's not too bad if you can (or learn) to weld it up.
I'd be very worried about what the guy told you.. in Wisconsin, rust is the enemy.
Pics man! Lots and lots of pics!
I'm hoping people on here that know A LOT more than me chime in!

The guy is being very straight forward. Sent me 20+ pics tonight. Tough to see whats what. Other than some of the normal rust we see, the issue seems to be the driver side upper control arm mount is hosed up. From the rocker line up the car looks great. I'm trying to figure out if I can deal with it in addition to the 73 Cuda I'm rebuilding. I can cut/weld/fabricate whatever. I've got the tools and at least the skill to turn them on. Working space is the big issue for me. But, I really like the 67 Vert body style and we were born the same year.

Pull the engine/trans, fender. Unload t-bars. Unbolt UCA. Unbolt k-frame. Cut the spot welds with spot weld cutter. Pull old one out. Put new one in. Bolt up k-frame to help with placement, measure it up to make sure it's in the right place and plug weld it in through the holes you cut to get the old one out. I think that would be the general plan, but like I said, there are people on here that are far more knowledgeable than I am.
@barracudakid and @RAT ROD AL last I knew had rails up for sale.

Guy says he has the parts needed. Seems to be a straight shooter. I'm not going to be able to do it. No room. I think the $5k asking price isn't bad considering the top side of the car.

Car is on the West side of Chicago. He has more pics and a shop report he can send you of the underside.

1967 Plymouth Barracuda convertible

I think this is the offending repair that causes the poor alignment.

00s0s_gSDNfF7Rkp5_600x450.jpg

Gz7aTKqqb-FAZfbl0fgPGEzGQ48HWBqPamNw1HAcqoQOaP9yb0qglmGuY1c8eKedEKxdWNLNCLEx_ITgEyM=w708-h944-no.jpg

blKmT12LM_cleGdrXpDBPJ8xTMvkAxVTIrYCx3rhANhfJnui32lkmEx6wgsZLy4-cD1-zbu1JC-ZwJvIqVw=w708-h944-no.jpg

Wow! That thing looks all of being worth 5k! I don't have the 5k or I would in a heartbeat! Don't have room either... well maybe if I slide my Cuda off to the side.. and I get a loan on my 401k... and deal with the black eyes from the wife, I could do it.. might be worth it. :)

-
Back