67 Cuda Formula S commando V8

-

mike67tx

Reaction score
I recently picked up a 67 Barracuda badged as formula S, but in the center stack there's not a vacuum gage or tach. Was there an option for Formula S to have blank gage? Thanks

Cuda in her new home.JPG

Dash.JPG

Gage.JPG

Please go back and edit your ad title. 283 is just sacrilege. :BangHead:
Formula S has nothing to do with center pod. Do a search on here LOTS of info.
Welcome aboard by the way.

Best color combo for ‘67!

My 67 Commando has a vacuum gauge in the dash. I believe it was optional on all models, but not standard.

Please go back and edit your ad title. 283 is just sacrilege. :BangHead:
Formula S has nothing to do with center pod. Do a search on here LOTS of info.
Welcome aboard by the way.
New to this forum so help me out. Search for, center pod, vacuum gage, tachometer, options on 67...?

Yep 3 options, clock, tach or vac gauge.
The search box here can be a pain, but it all equates to good reading.
You can put "Formula S" in the search box and chk "title only"
New to this forum so help me out. Search for, center pod, vacuum gage, tachometer, options on 67...?

Most had a blank pod in the center . Vacuum gauge or tach were the options .
Interesting. My 67 Barracuda has always had a vacuum gauge, and it was originally a bench-seat, column-shift slant six car with very few options - automatic transmission, radio, heater and whitewalls were about it.

PS, just as I was about to post this, I said, wait a minute - am I sure about this? So I had to go out to the garage and check a car I've owned since 1986. :realcrazy: Getting old is such fun.

The 150 mph speedo is not original, but the vacuum gauge is. EDIT: I decoded the fender tag a long while back, just checked my file and the and tag does show a vacuum gauge. I think for a long time I assumed a vacuum gauge was standard, tach optional, but my 69 Cuda 383 4-speed, which I bought several years after I bought my 67, has neither a vacuum gauge nor a tach.

1728268205846.jpeg

Last edited:
Yep, anything besides blank in center pod is an option. Formula S has nothing to do with gauges/interior.
Interesting. My 67 Barracuda has always had a vacuum gauge, and it was originally a bench-seat, column-shift slant six car with very few options - automatic transmission, radio, heater and whitewalls were about it.

PS, just as I was about to post this, I said, wait a minute - am I sure about this? So I had to go out to the garage and check a car I've owned since 1986. :realcrazy: Getting old is such fun.

The 150 mph speedo is not original, but the vacuum gauge is.

View attachment 1716312598

I recently picked up a 67 Barracuda badged as formula S, but in the center stack there's not a vacuum gage or tach. Was there an option for Formula S to have blank gage? Thanks

View attachment 1716312472

View attachment 1716312473

View attachment 1716312474
Not sure if this work but rather than trying to reply to everyone, I'll update mine. First, everyone has been extremely helpful and (forgave my ignorance). This car is new is new to me before I had (Ford Gran Torino for 42 yrs) probably should have done more research myself before posting. ALL thanks again.

Not sure if this work but rather than trying to reply to everyone, I'll update mine. First, everyone has been extremely helpful and (forgave my ignorance). This car is new is new to me before I had (Ford Gran Torino for 42 yrs) probably should have done more research myself before posting. ALL thanks again.
Just to more details pics will come in a few days, factory AC, bench seat, column shift

Carb 2.JPG

Engine 1.JPG

Cuda in her new home.JPG

I was just jazzing ya with the 283, it's all good(67 S cuda owner myself)
Always loved silver on cudas.
Pics of Torino?

Yes, I'm finding more and more about her. Only had her for 10 days. Has a nipple on the valance for air shocks, investigating. Front does have sway bar.

-
Back