67 Cuda "No Spark" Problem Solved.....

-

pastortom1

Reaction score
Well, my mechanic called and said to pick up the Cuda about 2 hours after I had the wrecker drop it off.

I helped him run the voltage checks and such (I turned the key....tough job, but somebody's gotta do it).........Then I left while he checked over all the parts and the distributor.

Turns out that a connection in the bulkhead was the culprit, BUT I cleaned the contacts inside and out beforehand........A wire in the circuit had lost it's connection AT the crimp (on the engine bay harness), so it wouldn't change by cleaning all the terminals.

If my back wasn't miserable, and if I had the extra dough, I'd definitely go "Painless" and change the whole dang harness...............after this nightmare, I'm ready for a change....................

I guess I'll start savin' the nickels and dimes.

By the way, I believe it was 67Dart273 that put us initially onto the bulkhead idea after we tried everything BUT..........he said in a number of threads that he's seen more and more problems like this in those old connectors.........He nailed it! :prayer::blob:

It's coming on 45 years.(lol!) 273 is sharp on electrical,glad you found it.

By the way, I believe it was 67Dart273 that put us initially onto the bulkhead idea after we tried everything BUT..........he said in a number of threads that he's seen more and more problems like this in those old connectors.........He nailed it! :prayer::blob:

Thanks, very glad to hear you got this "cured."

I'm happy for you Tom. A very frustrating situation.

By the way, I agree with what you said about 67Dart273. I have learned more about automobile electronics from his posts that from anywhere else. The man is a font of knowledge and I'm glad he is a part of FABO.

Tom, painless is pricey.

Imused EZ wiring and it was painless and painless on the wallet.

Every wire labeled throughout the entire length, fat wires, and plenty of fuses to play with.

switch.jpg

fusepanel3.jpg

Very reasonable priced.
I think I paid about $165 for the kit, and never had a problem with wiring since.

WOW............That is a BIG savings over Painless............

..........Maybe painless is using special gold plated copper wire....:D

-
Back