67 Dart 360 exhaust sound

-

mopar_muscle

Reaction score
Hi all

I am really happy with what the exhaust on my 67 Dart sounds like, and would like to share this video/sound clip with those who are currently building their exhaust systems and wonder what it would sound like.

It is a 360 engine, with Compcams XE268 camshaft, Flowtech headers, 2.5 inch dual exhaust with x-pipe and magnaflow mufflers. 6 speed manual transmission.

Here is the video:

360 exhaust sound

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijnuybLaAL0"]1967 Dodge Dart - Work in progress - YouTube[/ame]

This is what the system looks like:

I hope this is of some help to someone.

How was the flowtech header install? Easy or painful?

It took about 3 hours to install the headers. We had to lift the motor up in the air to get the headers in without scratching them. It was a pain on the steering box side and also had to disconnect the stearing tie rod. It passes through the header pipes.

I'm glad I got the ceramic coated headers, because they will last for a long time and hopefully won't rust before 10 years. I don't want to do that job again.

Louwtjie

Sefus. Thank you so much. I must say I really like the sound from those off center magnaflow boxes. I had to listen to numerous youtube videos before I could decide on how I want the exhaust system.

What is your exhaust setup?

Louwtjie

-
Back