67 Dart Convertible speedometer cable length

How long should the cable be? ( No Auto Pilot)

• 61"

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • 63"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 80"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
-

Dana67Dart

The parts you don't add don't cause you no trouble
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
So I have been searching the hallowed walls of FABO and have come up with 3 diferent lengths

61"
63"
80"

In the FSM says the 80 inch is for use with " Auto pilot"

My cable has screw on on both ends.

Big on one end, small on the other.

The FSM calls out 2822713, OER says it is 61" long.

what do the masses say?

Last edited:
So, your cable is different than a '69? Do you need a cable and housing?

So, your cable is different than a '69? Do you need a cable and housing?
Yes it is. The plastic clip on design at instrument end didn't come out until 68. 67 has collector nut at both ends. If I could get 63 inches with correct ends for my 67, that's the one for me. I haven't needed one, so I don't know what is out there. I think 61 might be early A-body that is different at trans end.

So, your cable is different than a '69? Do you need a cable and housing
Looks like somewhere toward the end of the 67 run they switched (based on the 67, revised in 68, factory parts book) it said that 1200 jobs had the push on type.
Screenshot_20221103-091354.png

Mine is the screw on on both ends.

I haven't taken the insides out to check condition but the outer sleeve has a melted part and the speedo gear seal is leaking and dripping trans fluid out the melted location under the car.

So the short answer is:

It is diferent than 69
Yes I need the outer and maybe the
inner.

Last edited:
The cable makes a 90-degree turn under the drivers side. The cable can wear completely through the sheathe right there. I've seen this on only 1 vehicle. 73 Valiant with 300K miles on it.

Some time back I got an NOS cable 2822713, when I got it the packaging was not good so I cannot confirm the number (packaging is long gone).
I still have the cable not in a car and it measured 63.

Alan

Thanks Alan.

Consider selling?

(Moderators I'm just asking, if Alan says yes, I'll take it off line. And no I don't want to post a wanted ad. I'm just looking right now)

Thanks Alan.

Consider selling?

(Moderators I'm just asking, if Alan says yes, I'll take it off line. And no I don't want to post a wanted ad. I'm just looking right now)
No, it is my master reference now.

Alan

I finally got my cluster out!

I pulled out the speedo cable center (I'm going to regret it, as there was a drag when pulling it out!)

I measured my cable 61" end to end.

I am going to pull out the speedo gear in the morning and flush out the cable housing, and if I can find the o ring kit I bought last year install that too.

Hopefully there isn't 2 inches of cable in the cable housing.

PXL_20221105_194507824.jpg

PXL_20221105_194522043.jpg

-
Back