[WANTED] 67 Dart idler arm

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one I pulled off my 67. The car had been sitting for a long time. I had no issues driving as it was. I can send pics if needed. If theres a particular item to look for that makes it unusable let me know. Its off a /6 with no power steering if that make a difference. I can get pics today if you want.

I have one I pulled off my 67. The car had been sitting for a long time. I had no issues driving as it was. I can send pics if needed. If theres a particular item to look for that makes it unusable let me know. Its off a /6 with no power steering if that make a difference. I can get pics today if you want.
Pm me some pictures please. It's important that there is no play. The one I have now is old and moves up and down when steering left to right. My dart is a v8, I think it should work though. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Sorry bro, I did a quick search and that was the first one that came up. They are not that rare. I replaced mine when I first bought the car and that one looks exactly like it. Here's one for a hundy.

Idler Arm 1967 67 Dodge Dart & Valiant Barracuda NEW! | eBay

Awesome, ill have to pull mine to see exactly what it looks like. But $100 for a idler arm just seams ridiculously over priced. Most cars you pay around $30 for an idler arm. Why is the 67 dart idler so expensive?

Like you said, one year only. Moog isn't going to make a bunch of them because there just isn't enough demand for them.

You can convert to the later style idler arm, there are threads about that on here somewhere or you can do what I did. I swapped my whole K-member out to a 68 and later style V8 style and sold the 67 idler that I had bought to a member.

Like you said, one year only. Moog isn't going to make a bunch of them because there just isn't enough demand for them.

You can convert to the later style idler arm, there are threads about that on here somewhere or you can do what I did. I swapped my whole K-member out to a 68 and later style V8 style and sold the 67 idler that I had bought to a member.

Thats a great suggestion. Thanks for that idea. I'll look into it and way the options of doing fabrication work vs $100. Haha.

It looks like part number 14-245. There are no grease fittings on it and I believe it would clean up pretty nice, I can see some of the original metel nothing majorly scratched or dented. You can still see the letters on the tops

DSC_0006.JPG

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0004.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

You should consider removing yours first before buying. Often the stud socket is not worn out and the tapered hole in the "K" member is. I've tightened up many of these by adding washers/spacers under the nut to draw the tapered stud further into the tapered hole. I say this because your description of it moving up and down.

That is a big tip. Thank you so much for that. I appreciate it a lot. I will check it out and see if it can be fixed that way or not. Thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back