67 Dart OE carb problem

-

67dart_drop_top

Reaction score
I cannot figure out the "plunger" problem on my Carter carburetor. It is quite possible that I reconnected it incorrectly, but I cannot figure out how. There are two links to videos. The first shows the plunger working without the linkage hooked up. The second shows where the linkage does not activate it.

I know I will probably feel like an idiot when someone tells what is wrong, but at this point, I do not really care. :)

Last edited:
The plunger should have a spring on it inside the carb the pushes the plunger down in the bore activating the accel pump. The linkage pulls the plunger up at idle and moves down when the throttle is opened allowing the spring pressure to move the plunger.

Remove the top of the carb and make sure the spring is in there.

The plunger should have a spring on it inside the carb the pushes the plunger down in the bore activating the accel pump. The linkage pulls the plunger up at idle and moves down when the throttle is opened allowing the spring pressure to move the plunger.

Remove the top of the carb and make sure the spring is in there.
Yes

Make sure the plunger can slide down in the bore and it isn't binding on anything.

The carb is only being held down by one screw. I could not hold it down to take the video, so I inserted one screw in the front. I knew I would have to take it back off.

Prob should put one in the back. Thanks for noticing. I don't wanna snap one off.

Just looked a bit weird to me.......

Looks to me like the accel plunger's stuck in the up position...spring should on top of plunger, between it and the carb top, pushing it down...lever pulls it back up.

Fuel-Spark-1961.jpg

-
Back