-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crank It Up!!!

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Yepp, that title pretty much discribes what I need. Other than its for a two door. Gonna need a whole ship load of stuff later. But lets start with that window to keep tha critters out.

Anybody???

Thanks!!!

Robert

I might have a passenger post window from a 68.
I'm sorry but I dont know what you mean by "post" window. This is a two door hardtop car. The passenger door window was broken out befor I got the car. If you have tha window, what ya want for it and how much to ship to 77450?

Thanks!!!

Robert

BTW, I'm not building an all original show car. Driver condition is more than fine. Definately beets no window at all.

A post window (rare) has metal all around it extending up from the door across the top to the wing window,a regular window has no metal around it only for the wing window.Can you send me a picture of your passenger door?? [email protected]

A post window (rare) has metal all around it extending up from the door across the top to the wing window,a regular window has no metal around it only for the wing window.Can you send me a picture of your passenger door?? [email protected]
I'll have to git back to ya on what window I have. The car is not at my house so I will have to go where its being stored. This much I know ......... the window did/does have a chrome pc that goes up the back edge of it where it meets the rear quarter window. To be honest, I dont know if it had/has another pc across the top. I'll have to compair it to the driver window. Cant believe I havent notinced and cant answer what window I have.

Thanks for your reply. I'll git back to ya ASAP.

Robert

One more question, why would some cars have "post" windows and others not? Was that a trim option for different models?

Most 2 door cars have always been built both post and no post. My son-in-law asked for an explanation of difference while we were strolling around a cruise-in gathering. just so happened we were amist the 55,6,7 Chevy Belairs.Very easy for me to point out the differece where they were parked side by side. LOL
A post car is heavier and stronger and has less wind noise that a no post car.
His next question was "Are there post Barracudas ?" The annswer is no.

I'll have to git back to ya on what window I have. The car is not at my house so I will have to go where its being stored. This much I know ......... the window did/does have a chrome pc that goes up the back edge of it where it meets the rear quarter window. To be honest, I dont know if it had/has another pc across the top. I'll have to compair it to the driver window. Cant believe I havent notinced and cant answer what window I have.

Thanks for your reply. I'll git back to ya ASAP.

Robert

One more question, why would some cars have "post" windows and others not? Was that a trim option for different models?
O.K., I took a look at the driver door window. It is as I thought. The window does have a chrome pc on the back edge that mates to a chrome pc on the front edge of the rear quarter window. Thers is no metal/chrome pc across the top of the glass. The front edge of the door glass slides into a groove in the vent window frame. In a nut shell, the window I need is apparently the non-post window having only one metel/chrome pc on the back edge only. I have the metal/chrome pc off the broken window.

Let me know if you (or for that matter anybody) have one.

Thanks again

Robert

John's salvage in seguin texas has about half a dozen 67-69 Darts with windows in them. About 150 mile drive from Houston towards San Antonio on I-10. You have a non-post car from what your describing, and the window is the same for the Darts from 67 thru 72. Good luck.

John's salvage in seguin texas has about half a dozen 67-69 Darts with windows in them. About 150 mile drive from Houston towards San Antonio on I-10. You have a non-post car from what your describing, and the window is the same for the Darts from 67 thru 72. Good luck.
Works for me!!! I'll look up thier number and give um a call. Thanks for tha tipp. I have a small list of other parts I need as well. A few pcs of trim, a 67 only right tail light lense and would like to find a center console for an auto. There's a couple on ebay I'm watching but I really dont need it yet. I've got time to shop around.

Anyway, thanks again.

Robert

I was out there about two months ago, and he had a 67 Dart with taillights still in it. He also has a bunch of school buses all over the place with old taillights in them as well. I did see a 67 lense in there as well, but I can't remember which side it was for. He has a 69 GT dart stacked ontop of two other cars which still had a console in it as well. Quite weathered, but it's there, and has been there for a number of years. Bring you climbing boots to get up to it. The 67 Dart though looks as if it was a fairly new aquisition to the yard, and it is on the ground with nothing ontop. At least not yet anyway. His yard is somewhat off the beaten path in Seguin but mapquest it and you shouldn't have any problems. I think it's on Foxtrotter rd., but realize you have to go down the road a few miles before you come to it. It's in the middle of a bunch of farm land in the middle of no where. Have fun!

I was out there about two months ago, and he had a 67 Dart with taillights still in it. He also has a bunch of school buses all over the place with old taillights in them as well. I did see a 67 lense in there as well, but I can't remember which side it was for. He has a 69 GT dart stacked ontop of two other cars which still had a console in it as well. Quite weathered, but it's there, and has been there for a number of years. Bring you climbing boots to get up to it. The 67 Dart though looks as if it was a fairly new aquisition to the yard, and it is on the ground with nothing ontop. At least not yet anyway. His yard is somewhat off the beaten path in Seguin but mapquest it and you shouldn't have any problems. I think it's on Foxtrotter rd., but realize you have to go down the road a few miles before you come to it. It's in the middle of a bunch of farm land in the middle of no where. Have fun!
I'm always up for an adventure. Sound like I might need a ladder. These ole bones dont climb **** like they used to. I'll try to go in the next week or two.

Thanks again for the info.

Robert

Anybody else from around Houston lookin for anything???. Be more than happy to pickup whatever ya need (depending on size) or you can come ride along. :burnout:

Bad news .......... Johns Salvage doesnt have tha door glass I need. No tial light lense for a 67 or a auto center console. :banghead: CRAP!!!

EDIT .......... Found a window elsewhere for $70 bucks plus $25 for shipping. Reckon I'll go ahead and order it tomarrow.

Thanks for all yalls help.

Robert

If you called him, odds are that is the response you will get. I don't think he knows half of what he has out in the yard, trust me. You have to go there and scrounge around yourself. He has been there for more than 30 something years, and he and his wife run the place. Alot of those cars that are there, were there 25 years ago when I first started going out there. It's one of those places that you have to go to and find your parts. It's a huge yard too with cars dating back to the 20's in it. I'll bet if you call him he would tell you that he doesn't have taillights for a 71 Cuda either, but I found one in one of those buses that I spoke of. He has to have thousands of taillight assemblies in those buses, and none of them are marked to what they go to. You'll see what I mean if you take the trip. But like anything it's a gamble and I won't stake my rep. on that the parts are there or not, but I would be surprised if they aren't. There is also a place called Texas Acres that has nothing but mopars. Give them a try, and I believe they ship. They are on the net.

If you called him, odds are that is the response you will get. I don't think he knows half of what he has out in the yard, trust me. You have to go there and scrounge around yourself. He has been there for more than 30 something years, and he and his wife run the place. Alot of those cars that are there, were there 25 years ago when I first started going out there. It's one of those places that you have to go to and find your parts. It's a huge yard too with cars dating back to the 20's in it. I'll bet if you call him he would tell you that he doesn't have taillights for a 71 Cuda either, but I found one in one of those buses that I spoke of. He has to have thousands of taillight assemblies in those buses, and none of them are marked to what they go to. You'll see what I mean if you take the trip. But like anything it's a gamble and I won't stake my rep. on that the parts are there or not, but I would be surprised if they aren't. There is also a place called Texas Acres that has nothing but mopars. Give them a try, and I believe they ship. They are on the net.
O.K. Sounds like I'm gonna have to go on a road trip and check it out. I'm sure I could find some other parts I need while I'm there. Where is Texas Acres?

Thanks again.

Robert

Bought my window or I should say "windows" as in two today. Dont know if any of yall saw tha two NEW tinted Dart windows up on ebay this week. I actually won the auction on um for..........ya ready for this...........$26.01 plus $35 for shipping. Both tha driver and passenger tinted door glass shipped to my door for $61.01 Cant believe I won um for that. I was told by the seller that he has more in both tinted and clear but not for tha same price. I ask him how much a passenger door clear window was. Told me he could ship me one for $100 bucks. TOTAL!!! Not a bad deal for NEW. Dont know if this is good or bad but he said they are "un-marked". Whatever that means. I assume that refers to not having a manufactors name on um. I'm O.K. with that. Expecially for $13.00 bucks each. Needless to say I didnt order the one for $70 bucks mentioned above.

I'll be happy to give whoever needs glass the name and number of the selller. Dont know what all he has other than 68-72 Dart. Pretty sure he has windshields and rear windows too. Good thing cuzz later I'm gonna need a windshield as well.

His listing of 68-72 Dart windows brought up a question. I ask why he didnt list the 67 also. He clained the 67 is actually different by only having 3 holes in it where the 68-72 has 4 holes. He has assured me these 4 hole windows will fit a 67 but will only use 3 of the holes. Now befor I send him my money, could somebody please conferm that for me. I know one of yall told me the 67-72 were all the same. Please advise me on what yall know about the 3 and 4 hole Dart door windows. I'm not gonna be a happy camper if these wont work. He doesnt have the 67 three hole windows.
If he's wrong and the 4 hole glass wont work in my 67 (that I assume has 3 bolt regulators) can I put 68-72 4 bolt regulators in it?
The correct answer here ......... or the one I wanna hear ...........is YES, the 4 hole 68-72 window will workin my 67!!! RIGHT???

Thanks guys.

Robert

Texas Acres is just north of San Marcos Texas off I-35, but if you google it you can get directions off their website. I know you can cut across I-10 to get to San Marcos, but it's all still a drive. He does ship, and has a pretty good handle on his inventory. Good luck.

O.K. guys, I need to make payment on those 67 door windows. Yeah or Neah on my previous question on weather they'll work or not.

This was my question;

His listing of 68-72 Dart windows brought up a question. I ask why he didnt list the 67 also. He clained the 67 door window is actually different by only having 3 regulator holes in it where the 68-72 has 4 holes. He has assured me these 4 hole windows will fit a 67 but will only use 3 of the holes. Now befor I send him my money, could somebody please confirm that for me. I know one of yall told me the 67-72 were all the same. Please advise me on what yall know about the 3 and 4 hole Dart door windows. I'm not gonna be a happy camper if these wont work. He doesnt have the 67 three hole windows.
If he's wrong and the 4 hole glass wont work in my 67 (that I assume has 3 bolt regulators) can I put 68-72 4 bolt regulators in it?
The correct answer here ......... or the one I wanna hear ...........is YES, the 4 hole 68-72 window will workin my 67!!! RIGHT???

O.K. guys, I need to make payment on those 67 door windows. Yeah or Neah on my previous question on weather they'll work or not.

This was my question;

His listing of 68-72 Dart windows brought up a question. I ask why he didnt list the 67 also. He clained the 67 door window is actually different by only having 3 regulator holes in it where the 68-72 has 4 holes. He has assured me these 4 hole windows will fit a 67 but will only use 3 of the holes. Now befor I send him my money, could somebody please confirm that for me. I know one of yall told me the 67-72 were all the same. Please advise me on what yall know about the 3 and 4 hole Dart door windows. I'm not gonna be a happy camper if these wont work. He doesnt have the 67 three hole windows.
Nobody? Nothin? O.K. I'm gonna stick my neck out here and make payment on um today assuming they'll fit/work. Like befor, if they wont fit/work on my 67 regulators, I'm also gonna assume the regulators from a 68~72 model will fit/work in my 67 doors. Reckon I put tha cart befor tha horse on this one.

L8R.

Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back