67 Dart question

-

Charrlie_S

Reaction score
A friend of mine bought a 67 Dart, today. I went to look at it, with him. It is pretty rusty, and needs a lot of TLC, but I was wondering if this might be a kind of rare car. Not a valuable car but, unusual.
It is a 2door post, 170 slant six, 904 auto, manual brakes and steering, no radio. I think a heater delete, as there is no heater controls on the dash, and an "aftermarket" heater on the firewall under the dash. Any ideas?

A friend of mine bought a 67 Dart, today. I went to look at it, with him. It is pretty rusty, and needs a lot of TLC, but I was wondering if this might be a kind of rare car. Not a valuable car but, unusual.
It is a 2door post, 170 slant six, 904 auto, manual brakes and steering, no radio. I think a heater delete, as there is no heater controls on the dash, and an "aftermarket" heater on the firewall under the dash. Any ideas?

sounds like whoever bought it new bought the cheapest car he could. If an original Florida car would not really need a heater (except last week when I was there)

They made a lot of 67 darts, most I've seen have been hardtops.

These were usually fleet cars in a warm climate (hence, no heater) and kinda unique in that all the stuff has already been deleted from the factory so there's no unnecessary firewall holes to fill, etc. for a racecar/hot rod project. Someone at sometime thought it necessary to add a heater, perhaps the dealer couldn't sell that ONE left-over fleet car so they added the heater for marketibility.

I realize it is not a rare body style, but was intregued by a Dodge Dart, being such a "stripper". I have seen a few Valiants similar to this, but usually someone buying a Dart is a little more "upscale"
PS: My 65 Valiant (I'm the second owner) is a model 100 2dr sdn, with one option (auto trans), but not a heater delete.

-
Back