67 Dart Resto w/5.7 hemi

-
Hey guys, we got it *** backwards. Companies think they are doing the customer a favor, when in reality, it's us, the buyer that keeps them in business. Damn us for thinking companies should do the right thing. Just my 2 cents.

67limecrazy, you will not be unhappy when you get your headers, despite tti having you and anyone else, including me, by the short and curlies.

Hey your two Cents are right. Based on your comments I know that i will be happy with them. The craziest thing just happened. I have the tracking number so I tracked it and it says that the number of the same is unavailable. Hum I wonder if they screwed up on that now. I guess I will have to call Dave on Monday. With my luck something happened. You know how that goes. We shall see.

Yup.:cheers: they are inn. Just received them. They look great. Cant wait to get them inn now. Do I really need to take the torsion bars out to get them inn? According to the instructions that is what it says. I just didnt feel like doing all that work. But I guess it is what it is. Hopefully I will get them inn by the weekend and I will post pictures. I will try to put a measuring tape in areas so other people can see the different spaces and get ideas. I guess we need to post things like that so we can help each other with the installs.:toothy10:

I had to remove my torsion bars, but it only takes about 5 minutes, so save yourself the first few scratches and alot of cussing, remove the torsion bars. Well I had to on my b body, not too sure on an a body though. Glad to hear you like them.

Well got started with the install of the headers. Yes I have to remove the torsion bars. As I got into it noticed that the paperwork states that the steering box must be manual and guess what. It has to!!! So now I posted to see if anyone has one that will fit my car so I can get the headers up. I did install the passenger side. After I was done I realized that the steering knuckle hits the headers when you turn the wheels. So now back to the drawing board. I thought of heating up the arm and just bend it downwart about 1/2" and it should clear. Any input from you guys? Oh and another thing did you guys have problems bolting inn the header? My hands are big and it was a *****.
Here is were the knockle hits the Header.
HeadersPassengerSide4.jpg

Other view of it.
HeadersPassengerSide8.jpg

Space between the header and the body on passenger side.
HeadersPassengerSide7.jpg

This one here you can see that your hands got to be small to be able to get screws inn and tighten the same. But overall they look good.
HeadersPassengerSide5.jpg

This is the Electric fan I installed to cool this baby down. It is one of those that the dealers are replacing on the hemis because the lows on them stop working and it just so happens that we need the high output to cool our cars down. They work great and strong.
RadiatorElectricFan2.jpg

Yeah, I had the same problem, big hands, but I also have an early B body so there was ample space. The B and E bodys can use power steering but the a bodys are not as fortunate unless you use a rack and pinion. Nothing on the steering hits, so I can't say if this is a small or big problem. Whose motor mounts did you use, TTI or someone elses?

I used Arringtons which I beleive are the ones made by TTI but I got the early version. I beleive they made a second one that was updated and slightly different than the first one. So I guess I will have to deal with it. I figured I will have to heat up the braket that it is attached to and bring it down about 1/2" for clearance. That is the least of my problems. The challenge now is getting a manual box so I can finish this part. I am hoping to have one before the weekend. We shall see.

If you dont find one let me know, I have some friends that have some manual boxes. TTI and Street & Performance are the only games in town for the engine adapter plates, at least as far as I know.

Almost forgot, call TTI and tell them whats going on, maybe they have a solution for ya, if not, what about taping the tubes and dinging them slightly?

Awsome build, I'm doing the same but to a 63 GT. I was just wondering if you had to cut up the trans tunnel to get that 545 to fit?

Awsome build, I'm doing the same but to a 63 GT. I was just wondering if you had to cut up the trans tunnel to get that 545 to fit?
Yes I did have to cut up the tunnel and make room for it. I hope when I am done covering the tunnel the rug I got will fit and dont wind up having to go custom on that too.](*,)

I love this s-13 conversion.....super sexy and that engine is beautiful
Is you XB on Air runner or UAs....?...I just put together a V.I.P platform...

I love this s-13 conversion.....super sexy and that engine is beautiful
Is you XB on Air runner or UAs....?...I just put together a V.I.P platform...
Thanks for the comment.
On the XB I have individual air ride suspension with 4 compresors and a 5 gal. tank with manny manny extras.It is for sale right now. I am giving it away practically so I can finish my Dart.:cry:

Well I am on my way shortly to meet up with SGBARRACUDA to pick up my manual steering box. A couple of guys have asked me about the measurements arround the motor so they can have an idea so yesterday I took some pictures. Hopefully this will help out.
Space between intake and wiper motor.
DodgeDart5-13-091.jpg

Between intake and fire wall.
DodgeDart5-13-092.jpg

Pasenger side and inner fender. Bout 1/2"
DodgeDart5-13-093.jpg

Electric fan and pulley.Bout 1/2" also.
DodgeDart5-13-094.jpg

Driver side there is about 3" and of course wanted to show fuel preasure regulator relocated.
DodgeDart5-13-09.jpg

Any other questions you might have bring it and I will try my best to answer them.

Well thanks to SGBARRACUDA I now have my manual steering box. Very nice guy to deal with and speak to. We spent some time talking and enjoyed it. If you do business with him you wont regret it.
I installed the box, Headers and the starter. Everything pretty much just bolted inn. It was easyer on the driver side than the passenger. The only problem I encountered now is that it seems that the steering wheel doesnt reach the box. I was so tired I decided to look into that tommorow. I dont know if there is any adjustment on the steering wheel to bring it forward or not I guess I will find out tommorow. So I will Post more pictures tommorow if everything goes well.

When you switch from power to manual, there is a different coupler that you gotta use. Look a FlamingRivers website for mopar steering conversions.

Well It has to be found out the hard way. I guess I will have to deal with this one now. As Promissed here are some more pictures of the driver side and both Headers.
TTIHeaders3.jpg

TTIHeaders4.jpg

TTIHeaders5.jpg

TTIHeaders6.jpg

TTIHeaders2.jpg

TTIHeaders.jpg

And I thought that my set of headers was too close to the trans pan. I guess TTI does know what their doing. I'm refering to the drivers side, right at the collector bolt flange.

Yup,You can see it right there. I also have to cut out the transmission bracket I fabricated so the collectors can get thru. You know cut a round hole in it so it comes out straight. Not a Problem.

Fire up the cutoff wheel, and get to it. We are all waiting with great anticipation. Have you put on the collectors to see how much you gotta trim?

-
Back