67 Dart "WIDE" trim question

-

68-GTS

Super " Senior " Member
Reaction score
Hey all...I have a question some of you might know the answer to.

The 67 Dart WIDE rocker trim is next to impossible to find in good shape.
Now i have heard rumours of people using earlier Camaro or Lemans/GTO rocker trim. Quite a while back i had 'quickly' measured a Camaro and i believe it was very close But... it was so long ago I'm not 100% sure of the measurements. So have any of the members tried anything else that's a good fit. Also the Camaro and LeMans you would be able to get as a new repop.

I feel your pain...I am in the same boat and need the lower "wide rocker trim".
Looking for options....

...i have 4 or 5 pieces of the '67 trim as well as most or all of the clips.
i haven't looked at it for a long time but aluminum is soft and restoreable once stripped
P.M. me if interested...

i haven't looked at it for a long time but aluminum is soft and restoreable once stripped
P.M. me if interested...

Are you meaning the lower rocker chrome ?

P.M. me if interested...
hum I thought they were like a pot metal, if not I might just send mine off for re chrome if I can.

..these pieces generated quite a bit of interest.
..well now they have been sold pending payment

hum I thought they were like a pot metal, if not I might just send mine off for re chrome if I can.

Nope...they are anodized aluminum, just like the upper trim. Have the anodizing stripped off, then polished, and finally clear-coated. That's what I did to mine...they look great!

Nope...they are anodized aluminum, just like the upper trim. Have the anodizing stripped off, then polished, and finally clear-coated. That's what I did to mine...they look great!
oh ok, I'd like to get mine to look brand new

-
Back