67 Dart windshield gasket issue.

-
Reaction score
I love my 67, but I'm having the crappiest luck with certain parts. Seems to be the worst year for parts between the rest of the A bodies. Long story short, I'm getting my windshield replaced and am having one hell of a time finding a replacement gasket. It's a 4 door, from what I understand the non post and the post cars windshields are about an inch to two inches in difference and in 67, was a 1 year only (for the 4 door) gasket that used the plastic locking strips. Now for the gaskets I can find for it use the metal chrome trim, (to what looks like help hold the gasket in.) Yet I cannot find the metal trim for a 4 door to save my life. The old gasket is getting kind of rough and really should be replaced but I'm just at a loss on what to do with it. Does anyone here have any experienced insight in this problem that may have a solution? If I absolutely have to I'll use the old gasket.

What many guys do is use the 68/ later gasket, which fits all the way to 76. You must but the retainer clips for the 68 and later trim, and of course drum up a set of the 68 and later trim as well.

Here's one thread.

Last edited:
Steele was making both 67 and after 67 types.
Send a PM to @Rob_Mopar to see if he can help you out. They were a dealer but they've cut back on retail. If not might be able to point you to another retailer.

I think the 4 door is the issue.

There are 67 specific seals but maybe not 67 4 door?

Try Detroit muscle tech as well.

-
Back