67 Dart Windshield

-

moparichard

Love MOPARS
Reaction score
Not the end of the world...but I can see it.
I'm new to the site so forgive me if I should have posted this question on the technical site.
I'm having a problem deciding what to do about installing my windshield.
My car has been painted and the windshield gasket was lost.
1. will a 68 gasket work in my 67?
2. should I buy lock strips?
3. or should I use 68 molding? (I found them and bought them)
4. if I use 68 molding, how do I determine where the clips go?

Thanks in advance for your help

yes the gasket will work .. the trim will work an the clips for the trim goes on the little stud looking things on the pillars an top of window . if they are missing they sell screw type or pop rivet type ,clips extra of coarse... you can still get that clip at paint an body stores ... just have something to match to (easyer) best of luck

Has anyone that has installed the 68 and up trim on their 67 documented the location of the clips?

If I do my 67 hardtop I would like to switch to the 68 and newer style window trim. This would be very helpful for some pictures and measurements

Thanks

I'm new to the site so forgive me if I should have posted this question on the technical site.

Do a search on key word windshields, my screen name, I participated in alot of 67 vs 68/9 gasket/trim threads. Another member had posted a link to show chrysler manual location with digram. Good Luck.

Has anyone that has installed the 68 and up trim on their 67 documented the location of the clips?

If I do my 67 hardtop I would like to switch to the 68 and newer style window trim. This would be very helpful for some pictures and measurements

Thanks

See other post for search. Good Luck.

It's early today, maybe no one will mind if I bump this thread for ya, easier to find, look below this thread on "todays post section" I will bump 2 or 3 threads out of history for ya! They should show up real close to this one on the todays list.
Good luck man. Between the 2-4 threads I'll bump, it has e=EVERY thing you need to know on the 67. You'll also learn about the other years too.:read2:

-
Back