-
Status
Not open for further replies.

cudamark

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Contact seller
At least that's what I think it is! I got this years ago for my '66 Barracuda. Now, I find it's not correct for a '66, even though the factory parts book lists this number as correct, and so do several retailers out there. The factory '66 speedo cable is shorter, black, has round knurled fittings on both ends, and most importantly, uses a larger diameter grommet. This cable is about 63 inches long, and as you can see, is gray and has hex fittings. It also uses a smaller diameter firewall grommet than a '66 uses. Maybe it fits other '66 models? I don't know, but, I have 4 '66 Plymouth A-bodies and it's not correct for any of them, so, it has to go! I have seen a couple of versions with this same part number. There's also a black housing version with a round upper fitting and a hex lower fitting. If you're doing a 100% restoration, look at this one carefully to see if it meets your needs, or if you need the other version. I listed '68 as a possible year also, as I have seen some very early '68 models with threaded speedos like the '67 and earlier models have. Please do you own research to verify it will fit your application. PM me if you need more info. I see crazy prices for this cable, from $250 to $275 in some places. I'm willing to go $95 plus the ride to a U.S. only address. You can also pick it up here in San Diego if you like.

speedocable.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back