'67 Front end rebuild Help

-

fredsmedina

6 Dart 7 MOPAR OR NOCAR
Reaction score
I Ordered my rubber super front end rebuild kit from P-S-T. a week or two ago. I thought I needed the Kit for the 1967 Dodge Dart, but it turns out that since my car isn't an original V-8 car, the K frame that was put in is from a later year.

Can you tell me what the differences are Between the Kit for the
"Original Performance Super Kit 1967-'76 excluding 1967" and the
"Original Performance Super Kit 1967"

I have talked to a few people about this, and I believe that the only difference between the two kits would be the Idler Arm. The 1967 Idler arm mounts to the K-frame in one spot. Whereas a 1968 has two mounting spots. Is this correct?

I will post a picture in a little bit of the Idler arm that I removed from my car. Maybe you guys can help me identify it from that.

I think your question has been answered. The 1967 kit is more expensive because it has the one year only idler arm. Are you asking something else?

I want to make sure thats the only difference..I'm guessing it is. But the guy at PST seemed to think otherwise. so I've got to call him back and tell him. thanks..

No, thank you for the heads up on the sale at PST!!

I am converting my 67 with 9 inch drums to BBP discs from a 73 Duster. I was told to order the kit for the 73.

there are different upper and lower ball joints for the different brake setups.
Someone once said there was a slight difference in the length of the lower arm pivot shafts but that difference is in the part of the shaft outside the bushing, lower arm bushings all the same. Pitman arms and idler arms vary.
Swaybar mounting and end links changed.
You'll need to determine what front end you have to get the correct parts.

-
Back