67 Plymouth barracuda trunk trim “Barracuda” emblem

-

Barra_67

Reaction score
Can someone please advise if you can buy 67 Plymouth barracuda trunk trim “Barracuda” emblem. Goes on the trim that is in the middle of the trunk on the right hand side. It’s larger than what goes on the fenders. I can only see aftermarket fender emblems that look like this. See attached.

689C44B3-FA63-4E63-8A8C-D6B2FCC312B4.jpeg

The closest in my opinion is the 68 barracuda trunk script and it wont be correct. It is also flat and mounted directly to trunk. I haven't seen any other "flat" script.

The closest in my opinion is the 68 barracuda trunk script and it wont be correct. It is also flat and mounted directly to trunk. I haven't seen any other "flat" script.
Thanks. I don’t mind if the 68 isn’t correct to the year, as long as it is the correct size and fit. Is this the case?

I just took a look at our 67 and the trunk emblem is pretty big. The 67 fender script is pretty close. Scrap the 68 trunk idea. I'd go 67 fender script?

One difference is that the fender script has a long tail on the final "a" — the trunk script has a short tail. The other is that the fender script has long pins to go through the sheet metal with nuts on the back side — the trunk trim script has short peened rivets on the back — it is not meant to come off. I strongly suspect that the pins are not located in the same place on the back of these two scripts. I don't believe anyone reproduces the trunk trim script (or the panel, for that matter). Your best bet may be to haunt eBay for a messed-up panel that you can salvage the script from.

One difference is that the fender script has a long tail on the final "a" — the trunk script has a short tail. The other is that the fender script has long pins to go through the sheet metal with nuts on the back side — the trunk trim script has short peened rivets on the back — it is not meant to come off. I strongly suspect that the pins are not located in the same place on the back of these two scripts. I don't believe anyone reproduces the trunk trim script (or the panel, for that matter). Your best bet may be to haunt eBay for a messed-up panel that you can salvage the script from.
T

Thanks for that. I might try and restore my current emblem or look at fitting a smaller fender type. I had to drill the back rivets to remove it. I could use som3 3M adhesive or the like to re-attach.

-
Back