67 Plymouth Valiant Signet 2Dr Sedan with 273 & A/C

-
There is or was 1 in my area that is a 67 Signet with factory sway bar,disc & v8. I left my # on it but he hasn't called in years so I'm guessing it's hiding in a garage somewhere.

I did some digging in my collection of boxes of crap for my car & am putting up another ad in the for sale sections for stuff I don't need.

Today is "Rip it apart Thursday" :). I am taking out what is left of the interior,wiring,a/c box,brake & fuel lines & whatever else I can get off before I need to take a nap before work tonite. It's going to be 60 here Sat & want to drop it off at the blaster.

Thanks! Yeah,I want to get it blasted,jambs,engine bay,trunk & all painted so I can get the motor & trans in it & get it running before winter hits so I can put it in my storage garage until spring.

Ripped out the dash,a/c box,column,seat belts,headliner & carpet. I also donated the carpet to a local guy working on a 67. A hint of advice DON"T EVER GLUE THE CARPET TO THE FLOOR :(. The previous owner had someone install it & they glued it which took me hours to defuzz my floor pan.

A few updated pics of my Valiant in a bag & my fuzzy floor pans :)

Does anyone know where to buy a new a/c vacume switch like this? (last pic)

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 745
  • Picture 014.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 813
  • Picture 010.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 787
  • Picture 009.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 760
  • Picture 008.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 745
  • Picture 007.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 779
  • Picture 002.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 732
Yeah 90% of the 67 Signet 2dr's were :). I have a full console set up for it & will have the body guy mock up the brackets for me.

Does anyone make the correct crinkle paint for the dash in black? I'm thinking of having that blasted as well.

I wonder how many of the 68 had bucket seats like mine? my 67 parts car had a split bench. I still cant find seat covers like mine in any catolog.

Does anyone make the correct crinkle paint for the dash in black? I'm thinking of having that blasted as well.
yes, you can find it. Black is still readily available. Its the colored paints that are getting hard to come by. Look up an old PPG color chart, its called suade finish. Some of the reproduction people have it. Totally Auto comes to mind.

I wonder how many of the 68 had bucket seats like mine? my 67 parts car had a split bench. I still cant find seat covers like mine in any catolog.
I had to use 68 barracuda style covers for my buckets, and had Legendary auto make a matching cover for the valiant rear seat frame. If you give them a little time they can get it done for you

I had to use 68 barracuda style covers for my buckets, and had Legendary auto make a matching cover for the valiant rear seat frame. If you give them a little time they can get it done for you

My back seat is perfect just need the fronts done. Guess ill have a local shop do them. Got all winter to decide.

If I remember right there weren't that many 68's with buckets & I've only ran across a few over the years. They had also ran out of Valiant dashes in 68 & started putting Barracuda dashes in them. As the years went on they sold less & less Valiants until 70 when they changed the body style.

Well,I was hoping to drop the car off tomorrow but it's going to be a long night @ work & probably won't be back until 2pm so that will kill things for sat. I still have to removed all the brake,fuel lines,take the calipers off,tape up the diff line,removes the rear 1/4 glass & reg,pull the bumpers,doors,front clip,wiper assy & remaining wiring. Then she is ready to get blasted

Welp! The wiring is off,the brake pedal out,master off,most brake lines,calipers & brakes,firewall insulation,front clip ready to lift off,wiper assy off,front shock nuts & bushing,DS fresh air door assy,fender splash shields. All that is left before she goes is: take off bumpers,taillights,hood,deck lid,remove long brake line & fuel line,duct tape the end shut on brake line,remove rear hub caps,rear w/o mouldings,rear 1/4 glass & reg & steering box. Then take everything to storage & she is ready to be blasted & painted.

Always check that parts fit in advance. This is the Steele Rubber rear glass gasket that they claim fits 68-73 Valiant sedans. See how well it fits? lol. I am sending them a template so they can get this worked out asap.

Attachments

• Picture 1291.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 710
  • Picture 1292.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 684
  • Picture 1293.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 702
  • Picture 1294.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 723
  • Picture 1295.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 733
Took out the rear 1/4 glass,regulators,hood insul pad,brake line,fuel line & rear wheel trim. I get an almost 2 day weekend so I'm taking advantage of it. Now all I have to remove is the front clip,bumpers,doors,tail lights,deck lid & drop off all the other stuff I pulled off to my storage unit. Does anyone know where to get the window channel trim/seals that the glass rides in for 2dr sedans?

Dave at Resto Specialties 814-467-9842 sells the door glass window channel kit for $100 PT # 6769SED2. He also said that that rear gasket that I had is the correct gasket & it needs to be installed in the car to fit the way it should with all of the curves & bevels of the glass & body. I'll keep you posted on that 1. I will be taking the car in to be blasted tomorrow.

Always liked the Valiants and your powertrain combo is going to be great when done. Have you decided on paint color yet?

Just in case you haven't seen it, here's a pic of the '68 Valiant '400' my Inland Mopars club built as our charity project car a couple of years ago. It's a '400' because there's a 400" big-block under the hood backed by a 727 and a 8.75 rearend. The build also featured full RMS AlterKtion front and StreetLynx rear suspension, and all new Legendary interior to match the all-Mopar exterior colors. It turned out to be a great driving car with a killer ride and great handling.

View attachment MATS2008002trimed.jpg

Wasn't that a raffler or prize car? I am going to use the same style side exhaust tips but probably in black. My car came from Inland & it was in MM for a young guns spread. A member here was kind enough to send it to me. I like having history. When I took the interior apart I found out that the carpet & headliner were not original to my car.

-
Back