68 383 Gts

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not take any less than $16K for it.I know what these cars sell for. I have watched the prices on 383 Darts since the late 80's.Hell I remember restored LO Hemi Darts selling for 30K,then they went to 50K,then 80K,then 100K,then 100+.I remember restored H code 383 Darts for 3K,then 5K,10k,
15k,25k,then and now 30K.
I know the economy is bad right now.If I have to give it away I will just keep it.After all its not just any 318 Dart.
Jim

O by the way a 68 Formula is on my list of next cars I want. 68-69 Formula S,71 Road Runner,68-70 Charger,62-63 Fury,or 58-59 Fury.I just love to many of them...LOL Jim

Guys, Please if you dont agree with the price just dont buy it. No need to start arguing. Lets keep the discussion of parts and cars in the classified about condition and such. Not price.

your not out of line on the price, its a real H code GTS!! a set of quarters would about double the value. i'd keep it, its a cool car 8)

I'm getting rid of all of my non-Mopar cars. The next one up is a 64 Impala convertible, so if I ever sell it, and you still have the Dart, I will get in touch. A 68 GTS 4-speed was my first car, and I want to get another one before I die.

Its A Great Dart.if You Can Afford To Keep It ,do So.
If We Could Go Back To 1990 When Prices Were Realistic And There Wasnt So Much Flippen And Greed Going On .
The Car World Would Be A Much Better Place.
Thanks You.

they were going for the 1968 Hurst Hemi Dart look ...........but they did not use an original template .

I bought one from Big Block Darts forums...

" Yes, I have a template here from a real 68 car. Bottom side lines up with the factory opening, top side is the new cut line.

It's $10, mailed anywhere in the US or Canada - I trace it on kraft paper and send it in a 24" mailing tube. The money mostly just covers shipping and the cost of the mailer tube. I send them via regular postal mail, not UPS.

If you want one, send a check or M/O to-

Bill Reilly
2323 White Haven Rd.
White Haven, PA. 18661

OR you can paypal me - [email protected]

Make sure to include a note that you want a template, and the address to send one to."

FYI
this is the cut from a Hurst Hemi Dart template..1968 Dart used here...

I would buy that GTS if I was in the market for a car! Unique colors, prior ownership history, and factory 383? Hell yeah!
Good Luck with the sale.

George

Great attitude GTS. No need to call it a pissing match. Opinions were what you were looking for and there you have gotten several. As far as the pharmacy, i had to laugh when i saw it in the background also. I just figured that's where the guy ripped off his drugs prior to cutting the wheel wells out.
Whom ever posted Bill Reillys address , thanks. I got a set of templates commin.
Small Block

I have three Guys interested in buying it.But all three would have to sell their cars first to buy mine..LOL I am only thinking of selling it because I found a 1971 Road Runner that I really want.So I too have to sell my car to buy his..Hell no one has any money! I put it on Moparts for 18K see what happens...I have also thought of selling it pay off some bills and buy a 71 Runner project car.. LOL Jim

Great attitude GTS. No pissing matches when one ask for an opinion is there. I had to laugh when i saw the "Pharmacy "sign in the back ground. I figured the guy ripped off his drugs there prior to cutting out the wheel wells. That is a disirable car you have but like many of us, we'll all have to hang onto em awhile before we can get close to what we think they are worth. I've come down on mine drastically and i still own em. It's either move some cars, build more garages or quit building em. I wont park em outside. I hate to think i'll have to quit building em. God forbid. Thanks to whom ever posted Bill Reillys addy. I ordered a set of templates. I've got two of those to be cloned.
Small Block

I did have a trade offer for a 1963 Fury convert.I get to keep my engine and I get his running Fury but I only like hardtop Furys. Jim

Ok the 1971 Road Runner I wanted sold for 30K.So some people still have money.So I am going to keep this car unless I find another 71 GTX or Road Runner. Thanks,Jim

hi jim i see you keep bringin up the 71 r/r.my friend has a pretty nice 71 roadrunner project on the cheap.its red/white int 340 car,column ,bench.its located in tulsa ok & i believe he would probably take $2000 for it.if your interested at all shoot me a pm & ill send you his name & phone #.john

That is a disirable car you have but like many of us, we'll all have to hang onto em awhile before we can get close to what we think they are worth. I've come down on mine drastically and i still own em.
Small Block

Anyone who thinks values will go up again, will die waiting for it to happen. It was all just a bubble, and it is doubtful if conditions will ever be the same again.

I guess you didn't read post 28.

I was just making a statement about the market in general, and I dont see how post #28 relates to it at all. I havent said anything about the price of this specific car, or any other, for that matter.

I was just making a statement about the market in general, and I dont see how post #28 relates to it at all. I havent said anything about the price of this specific car, or any other, for that matter.

The cars will go back up...... They always do. I have lived through these ups and downs before.

By the way..... This thread is about a specific car and so was your post. If you wanted a discussion on the collector car market you would have started a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back