68 383 oil filter w/ anti-drain back valve

-

Done Swimmin

Reaction score
Hey All

I have a Wix 51515 on there now and every time I start the low oil pressure light flashes for a brief second. I have read a number of filter threads that say it is not a good choice for horizontal use as there is no valve in the Wix. Any one have a recommended filter that is same size (long version) and does have a valve to keep oil in the top end?

Pete

Oil pressure lights have flickered in cars equipped with them since their invention. Don't believe in my 74 years that I have ever seen one that hasn't.

Carquest Premium 85522 tall anti-drainback filter.

Red silicone anti-drainback valve.

Screenshot_20240619-110855_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240619-110909_Gallery.jpg

20240619_111150.jpg

☆☆☆☆☆

I believe there's lots of opportunity for oil to leak down / back prior to the filter. The electric is likely have a bit quicker read than a mechanical.
Do you happen to have a mechanical gauge as well? If not, you may want to install one at least temporarily.

Anti drain does show up in the filter description on Orilley's site....

1718839042715.png

1718839118323.png

Then too, there's this thread for your reading pleasure ................

Ordered the Wix 51515XP for a great price on Amazon.ca and the specs on the wix site claim there is an anti-drain back valve so we'll see how it works.

Wix are properly made. If it was OEM, the wix will have it. For decades and decades, the Mopar Wix filters are 51515 (1 qt) and 51068 (short filter)

I'm sorry to tell all you guys and gals, but Wix sold out and are made in Thailand now.
No they didn't sell out. They went global about ten years ago. Now they use several factories around the world, including some still here. So now you might get one made in USA, China, and several other countries. But WIX didn't sell out to anybody.

I'm sorry to tell all you guys and gals, but Wix sold out and are made in Thailand now.
My apologies. I stand corrected. I found this.

-
Back