68 4 door dart

-

moparkid340

Reaction score
traded a freind a set of wheels for thsi 68 4 door dart today it runs but knocks im gonna slam it and make a ratrod with it and but a new slant 6 in it.
tell me what ya think!
bbbbb.jpg

damn no love for a 4 door dart?
its cool or atlease it will be in o about 3 weeks, this ones gonna be a quik fix for me 1 replace engine and rebild tranny wile its out.2 slam it to the ground. 3 drive tha hell out of it!

sounds like a cool idea to me. my two door may eventually become just a show/weekend cruiser and I may build ether a 4 door dart or a 4 door c body.

Picture114.jpg

Picture115.jpg

pulled her out of ythe woods today tommaro starting on sanding it down. getting it ready for the flat black

Go for it moparkid340!! If you don't mind me asking ! what eng and is it a one barrel eng.?

im gonna turn the t bars all the way down and take the pins out and i got 3 ince blocks for the rear.

im gonna turn the t bars all the way down and take the pins out and i got 3 ince blocks for the rear.

To do that with enough frame clearance you can notch the frame. Just remove the factory bump stop bracket thats spot welded to the bottom of the frame. Drill out the spot welds, remove, and save.

Then notch the frame with a pie slice with about 1" to 1.5" on the outside and nothing or not much on the inside. Make the width enough for factory bump stop bracket to fit into. Then weld in plates for what you cut out and make sure the factory bump stop will fit in there. Then weld in the factory bump stop.

The bump stop should be 1" or more moved up from where it was before.

A friend did this to a 68 RR street car and 70 Cuda he road races.

how about your rear pinion angle and front camber ? did u get the angle blocks? i would get some air shocks for the rear . if u load up with friends it might be riding real close to the bump stops. just a thought anyway.

you weren't kidding when you said it would look exactly like your photoshop picture! heh. good job

What all did you end up doing? Have you driven it like that yet? I was wondering about handling, clearance, etc... Been thinking along those lines with my 4 door 69.Andy

all i did was turn the t bars down and put 3 ince blocks in the back . i had to bent the u bolts a little to make them work with the sprng plate but it was no big deal. like i said it took me about a hour and it was the first time iv ever don eit so its a peace of cake.

Picture029.jpg

Picture030.jpg

Picture031.jpg

Picture032.jpg

Picture033.jpg

got the car home last night. now that its on level ground i think i will drop the front end anouth 2 inches to even things out.should have the new motor in it bye next week.

-
Back