68 4 door dart

-
it doesnt look like a abd car, but by lowering it, tinting the glass blue and painting it flat black its not going to be a rat rod. id like to tell you what it will be but that wont be nice so ill keep my comment to my self. if it was mine id convert it to big bolt pattern with 15" steel wheels painted white, some 225 or 235s all around the same size all around so you can rotate them and carry 1 spare, short enough to clear the front, yet wide enough to stick around turns. id put some big fat t bars in it, 920 or better and maybe some heavy duty springs with good shocks all around and front sway bar. it would be functional and work way better than a so called "rat rod" with no suspension that is going to ride like a garbage truck and wont align. i too like my cars a little lower than stock, but i remember seeing darts slammed on the ground all the time back in the day and it was because the t bar socket rotted out or becaus a ball joint let go, not because they worked better that way. if you want your car to look like a broken *** old dart that you threw some black latex house paint on, go ahead, its your car.

it doesnt look like a abd car, but by lowering it, tinting the glass blue and painting it flat black its not going to be a rat rod. id like to tell you what it will be but that wont be nice so ill keep my comment to my self. if it was mine id convert it to big bolt pattern with 15" steel wheels painted white, some 225 or 235s all around the same size all around so you can rotate them and carry 1 spare, short enough to clear the front, yet wide enough to stick around turns. id put some big fat t bars in it, 920 or better and maybe some heavy duty springs with good shocks all around and front sway bar. it would be functional and work way better than a so called "rat rod" with no suspension that is going to ride like a garbage truck and wont align. i too like my cars a little lower than stock, but i remember seeing darts slammed on the ground all the time back in the day and it was because the t bar socket rotted out or becaus a ball joint let go, not because they worked better that way. if you want your car to look like a broken *** old dart that you threw some black latex house paint on, go ahead, its your car.

man calm down give him a break its not your style we get that but there is no need for that its his car he can do whatever he wants to it. its not really my style either but its not my car im not gonna make rude comments to him at least hes not cutting it up like lots of people would do cause its a four door. My dad told me something a long time ago that a lot of people on the internet need to remember if you dont have anything nice to say Shutup

man calm down give him a break its not your style we get that but there is no need for that its his car he can do whatever he wants to it. its not really my style either but its not my car im not gonna make rude comments to him at least hes not cutting it up like lots of people would do cause its a four door. My dad told me something a long time ago that a lot of people on the internet need to remember if you dont have anything nice to say Shutup

not just people on the internet. one of the first lessons in life for most people is to kep your mouth shut if you have nothing nice to say.

lesson umber two is that opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and everyone thinks theirs smells better than everyone else's.

:wack: the best part is i kept the bad things to my self. its not a ratrod and thats that. i left my car all original rusty and shitty looking while yanking the front tire off the ground with a big block and a dana in full street trim and that was my choice, plenty of people had things to say about it, i didnt care, it was my car and i did what i wanted with it. ive also tried to sell cars on ebay and mopar sites to be subject to everyones opinions. the internet is full of them, so if you want opinions post your car up and ask what people think. i am just tired of people ruining decent cars to call them a ratrod and try to jump on that scene.

jamesdart i relly dont think that was nessacery. i cant aford all that **** yourtalking about and i like the way the car looks, and i will call my car wat ever tha F#&* i want to call it. im not building a car to hug turns. im building a car to drive back and 4th to school and look cool doing it. and in my person opioion a flat black 4 door dart sittin gon the ground is cool as hell. bc its prolyl the only one. whens the last time uv seen one? if you dont like it GOOD bc you dont have to drive it!! i do and i love it!
and since your so damn smart y dont u define "ratrod" for me?

cool good luck with your project, i hope it turns out exactly like you want it to. dont forget to wear your chain wallet and cuffed pants to go with it.

Way to keep an open mind. I wish everyone would build cars exactly the same that would be great. :wack:

Correct, its your car, make it how you want it. Just because I or someone else don't agree with it, its your money, no one else can dictate what you do. Just do everyone a favor, get a tetanus shot! :angel9:

Way to keep an open mind. I wish everyone would build cars exactly the same that would be great. :wack:

you are right, i built my dart before i could find any info on the web and just went with it. it was cool, everyone i talked to doubted it and had plenty of stupid things to say. it was great to have something different. i definitely wasnt the first, but it was a long time before i found another one around. now i feel like they are all over the place, i got tired of all muscle cars done to original, street/strip or pro touring. 3 flavors. everything just seems to have become so run of the mill, so you are right its nice to be creative and do something different, but taking the suspension out and painting it flat black isnt much of a build, and its not very creative, maybe for a 68 4 dr dart its different, but its been done many times. all that counts is that you enjoy it and it serves the purpose. i bought a 30s car and i have a certain plan for it, if i go to shows or on the forums that are specific to my make of car, all the old timers jump on my **** for what i want to do to it, because they cant accept it. so i know what its like to hear other peoples stupid opinions, i just felt like giving mine which i normally dont do, but for once i felt like being the dink in the crowd.

its cool man i get **** all the time if u wanna see a build check out my duster u see in the background i started building when i was 15. this dart is something i thot would be cool to drive back and 4th to school and what not i dont have barley any money in it. i traded a set of wheels for it. and i have about 100$ in it from buying paint.lowering blocks, and mexacan blankets lol. o and new tires come next paycheck.

Picture095-1.jpg

Picture096-2.jpg

Picture097-1.jpg

Picture098.jpg

flat black baby!
next stage is new wheels/tires. and im gonan rebuild a slant 6 for it some time next week.

gloss black 14' steelies. with new white walls and mabey dog dish caps,

that thing is cool as ****.

i want to find one just like it, but not drop it or go flat black, but i just want a somewhat solid old mopar, to cruise and drive around. and then race the cuda during the season.

i need to start saving.

Looks like you are getting things dun moparkid340!!
The wheels will look good! :cheers:
and how did my glasses get in your car.
Rayband shooters. 8)
I had the same blanket in my gray truck too.
Keep up the work and have a good one.

Its different! I wish you would put some armorall on those tire thought and make em shine. That red clay is a real killer!

i think it would be cool to paint a flat white checker board following the lower body line,maybe paint the center of the side moulding the same blue as the wheels,personally,i would have went wothe gloss red on the wheels,and do a flat white flame job on the hood and front fenders with checker board,but its looking real cool any ways,weres the fuzzy dice?

i would have done the wheels red but the intior is blue and i wanted it to match. i relly like your idie about doing the trim blue. i think im gonna do that tommaro. thanks alot!

sounds like a cool idea to me. my two door may eventually become just a show/weekend cruiser and I may build ether a 4 door dart or a 4 door c body.

Thats just like mine! same color same everything lol, if you ever get rid of your trim I need on piece =P

-
Back