68 426 Hemi value

-

loganscuda

This/These
Reaction score
I had a guy call me about a 426 Hemi 1968 complete he is selling. I can only assume it is running condition. What would the value be.

Depends on condition and how complete it is. Kit form and needing work, 15k. Fresh and complete 25k+.

A body would be race hemi, Cross ram, all well worth the money.

8K for a running hemi?
get it

almost as good an investment as ammo

Meh, you don't want that. Tell you what, I'll call him and get you off the hook.

I had a guy call me about a 426 Hemi 1968 complete he is selling. I can only assume it is running condition. What would the value be.
Unless you know this "guy" I would be very cautious of a scam.
That kind of money for a 68 hemi is to good to be true.

8K for a running hemi?
get it

almost as good an investment as ammo

Ammo ? I could probably think of 20+ guys I know personally that have 20,000+ rounds sitting in the basement ...lol
Have a friend that works for ATK and he saysthe only shortage is in hours in the day ... they cant produce it fast enough running 24/7. He just laughs...

just keep in mind, you drop 8K on a hemi, next up is another 12 for a dart to put it in

then you gotta spend a few grand on a transmission, and 2 more on a rear end

500 for tires, bimonthly

you'd be better off giving me the money

Ammo ? I could probably think of 20+ guys I know personally that have 20,000+ rounds sitting in the basement ...lol
Have a friend that works for ATK and he saysthe only shortage is in hours in the day ... they cant produce it fast enough running 24/7. He just laughs...
you can add me to that list
but just wait, once this covid vaccine turns everyone into brain eating zombies, then what are you gonna do with that hemi? throw the pistons at em?

you can add me to that list
but just wait, once this covid vaccine turns everyone into brain eating zombies, then what are you gonna do with that hemi? throw the pistons at em?

Nope ... Im gonna head to my friends houses and raid their stashes. They gotta sleep some time ...lol
Assuming it all hasnt turned to duds

He wants $8000. It’s not locked up.
I would pull the pan and heads to see what you have.
If it all checks out and it is stock, that's a good deal.
High lift cam and valve springs to match?
Check the heads for cracks.
How complete is it anyway?

I would have thought the price of hemis would drop once they started reproducing them again . I wonder how many crate Hemis Mopar sold from the 90s till when ever they stopped ?

I would pull the pan and heads to see what you have.
If it all checks out and it is stock, that's a good deal.
High lift cam and valve springs to match?
Check the heads for cracks.
How complete is it anyway?
Carb to pan. Complete pull out. Don’t know what from. When I go check it out I’ll post pictures

-
Back