68-69 A body fan shroud (2785614) will it fit 67 A body?

-

Dana67Dart

The parts you don't add don't cause you no trouble
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I noticed the ad for a cracked fan shroud.
I have seen the listings for the same shroud from the aftermarket, and it always excludes 67.

I know the rad changed a some point from a rounded top to a square top, but it doesn't look like that happens in 68?

So the question... Will it fit with or without mods? And if it needs mods what mods are needed?

Hi all

I noticed the ad for a cracked fan shroud.
I have seen the listings for the same shroud from the aftermarket, and it always excludes 67.

I know the rad changed a some point from a rounded top to a square top, but it doesn't look like that happens in 68?

So the question... Will it fit with or without mods? And if it needs mods what mods are needed?
The radiators are slightly different. If you got a 68 repop at cheap enough price to experiment with, or at least test fit, you can figure out the difference

Both my rad's are OEM 67 (recorded most likely) and no plans to change.

I was thinking about designing one and 3D printing it in MANY pieces that I could glue together for testing then see about having one large scale 3d printed.

There is a part number in the 67 book and I recall looking at the 68 book and they were diferent. I didn't know if it is a supercedes type of thing or completely different part.

Don't know off hand but it's currently the 67 HD cooling, the other is the CAP cooling 67 RAD.

Both my rad's are OEM 67 (recorded most likely) and no plans to change.

I was thinking about designing one and 3D printing it in MANY pieces that I could glue together for testing then see about having one large scale 3d printed.

There is a part number in the 67 book and I recall looking at the 68 book and they were diferent. I didn't know if it is a supercedes type of thing or completely different part.
They're different.
That's why Bob at Glenray suggested a '68 based radiator in my car - that way I wouldnt have to hunt for a '67 only fan shroud.
Fan shrouds can be tricky to build although guys have done it. If you search for fan shrouds you'll find some of the 68-9 repops were thermoplastic and were drooping when they got too hot.
frowwn-gif.gif

I have an original 68 shroud on my original 67 radiator, fits with no issues. I think the measurement left/right on the mounting holes is different between the two but the holes on the shroud are slotted and fits easily.

Alan

-
Back