'68-'69 Barracuda Ralley Dash only

-

A56

MoPar Affliction
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
So, there's been a discussion about a metal brace that is specifically on the above said dashes only. I've checked my parts book and find no mention nor picture of this "stiffening" brace. Below is a picture of that brace but it has no p/n or Pentastar on it. Does this part actually ONLY come on ralley dashes for '68-'69 Barracudas?
I also have included a picture from my Chrysler parts book. I have never had a ralley dash apart so I'm curious why only stiffen that dash?
1713911404408.png
1713911714497.jpeg

I know it's not 68/9 cuda, but I have one from a rally dash duster/demon and it has that plate. I've seen them on all years of rally dashes. Like u mentioned, weird how it's not in parts manual.

I know it's not 68/9 cuda, but I have one from a rally dash duster/demon and it has that plate. I've seen them on all years of rally dashes. Like u mentioned, weird how it's not in parts manual.
Just peculiar that only a Rally dash requires it. They only have one extra gauge and that would be the vacuum gauge or tachometer. Am I correct in that thinking?

All of the rally dashes have it. Without that plate the top screws that hold it up wouldn't have anything to tighten against

Everyone continues to say rally dash. So what is a non rally dash in a 68/69 Barracuda ?
All 67 -69 barracudas were rally dash. This phrase is use for model cars that came with either Darts Dusters and Demons. But like I said all the rally dashes in 67-71 a body cars came with that brace. Do you need one?

All 67 -69 barracudas were rally dash. This phrase is use for model cars that came with either Darts Dusters and Demons. But like I said all the rally dashes in 67-71 a body cars came with that brace. Do you need one?
Thanks, no I'm just trying to clear up in my own mind the terminology that gets tossed around in discussions.

Once again- all Barracuda's '67-'69 have ONLY rally dashes. Other "A" body cars like Darts & Dusters had a standard dash or a rally dash option. If you own a car with a rally dash, it must have the upper metal plate to mount the cluster.

So, there's been a discussion about a metal brace that is specifically on the above said dashes only. I've checked my parts book and find no mention nor picture of this "stiffening" brace. Below is a picture of that brace but it has no p/n or Pentastar on it. Does this part actually ONLY come on ralley dashes for '68-'69 Barracudas?
I also have included a picture from my Chrysler parts book. I have never had a ralley dash apart so I'm curious why only stiffen that dash?
View attachment 1716240752View attachment 1716240754

That plate is the anchor point for the screws that attach the Bezel to the dash frame. Without it, the screws would just go through the bezel and not secure the bezel.

Everyone continues to say rally dash. So what is a non rally dash in a 68/69 Barracuda ?
There was no other option. Rallye dash was a standard feature on 67-69 Barracuda and optional with 340 duster, Demon and Swinger.

-
Back