[Found!] 68-70 Wooden Rally 3 spoke steering wheel

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thx Noel, They are available as “ repops” , I was just seeing about possibly finding a good reasonably price original.Never know unless you try?

If you don’t find one soon Kevin, PG Classic is having a 24% off sale, and their repops are pretty nice.

Repops are not even close

Last edited:
Agree to a point. The good repops actually have a good reputation, main issue is their spokes are chrome as opposed to brushed aluminum so it is wrong in the pure sense but anyone who has seen their bank account go into meltdown as they progress through these builds will tell you a difference like I just described is not worth a cost difference of over $400.00. It is what it is, sacrifices have to be made.

I have a nice unrestored original late 69-70 steering wheel. Not cracked and no repairs. Not cheap though as original wheels in this shape for survivor type cars just are not around anymore. Only the graining would need freshened up to be REALLY nice.

IMG_5262.jpeg

IMG_5260.jpeg

IMG_5261.jpeg

Was hoping to get a decent one, not mint for 5-6.........everything is negotiable depending on quality and circumstances.

It is a very nice wheel. Second nice one i've seen today. Other one wasn't cheap either. What is your asking price?
I am on a self imposed budget but i'm still interested in your wheel. Center horn button is factory color for my car, wasn't expecting that, looks nice. Might be able to dig a little deeper if your reasonable sir. Please let me know your asking price?

I am on a self imposed budget but i'm still interested in your wheel. Center horn button is factory color for my car, wasn't expecting that, looks nice. Might be able to dig a little deeper if your reasonable sir. Please let me know your asking price?
Will send a PM..

Here is the differences in the horn cap from a 68-69 Horn button adapter 2925135 and the larger 70 Horn button adapter 2996720. You can see the size difference due to moving the ignition into column in 70.. Just trying to help you get the right set-up.
1705360355941.png

1705359510579.png

Never would have known Brett, pictures tell quite a story. Makes sense, larger piece necessary for larger column due to relocated key ignition. Thank you again for showing this to me. Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back