68/9 barracuda windshield stainless clips

-
I wish I could see the "finished height on yours better, it looks pretty much flush with A pillar/roof/cowl....yah?

I have stainless trim on my 67 didn’t even realize the difference.
Did your clips match the 68 diagram?

My 67 has it as well.
It has 1 repaint on the exterior, done in the late 80s early 90s from what I'm told.

Not sure if sourcing 68 front/rear window trim was a thing then.
Dare I suggest since it was a late May 67 build it came like that?

I bought new 68 rubber to reseal all the glass, wonder if the clips will match the diagrams.

From what I gather here, the clips are available new in a kit, hope so, just in case.

I'll be pulling the glass, but curious, I replaced clips on another car, had to remove glass, same with these?

Did your clips match the 68 diagram?

My 67 has it as well.
It has 1 repaint on the exterior, done in the late 80s early 90s from what I'm told.

Not sure if sourcing 68 front/rear window trim was a thing then.
Dare I suggest since it was a late May 67 build it came like that?

I bought new 68 rubber to reseal all the glass, wonder if the clips will match the diagrams.

From what I gather here, the clips are available new in a kit, hope so, just in case.

I'll be pulling the glass, but curious, I replaced clips on another car, had to remove glass, same with these?
Seems like glass removal would be needed to get to clips.

They are behind the rubber seal a ways, dunno if its possible to peel back and swap.

Here's some pics Dave, fit n finish wasn't a priority on these. Especially when you take into acct these were originally sealed with mylar lol.

20240216_181022.jpg

20240216_181055.jpg

20240216_181106.jpg

20240216_181041.jpg

20240216_181035.jpg

Ok, so I see that it can be a bit proud. Ill go forward with a little shave off the bottom but not whole hog. Ill fit with the gasket and then take the whole shitterooo apart and put in the glass.

Or at least that is what Im saying right now.....10 min later he is trying to stuff everything in at once :lol:

Lol, remember rubber mallet, not a ballpeen or sledge :lol:
Ok, so I see that it can be a bit proud. Ill go forward with a little shave off the bottom but not whole hog. Ill fit with the gasket and then take the whole shitterooo apart and put in the glass.

Or at least that is what Im saying right now.....10 min later he is trying to stuff everything in at once :lol:

And the rear. Took a chance and tinted the glass before install. I feel like the dog needs every chance he can get to stay cool.

But really it's for the modern headlights blinding me at night.

20240302_084044.jpg

20240302_161440.jpg

And the rear. Took a chance and tinted the glass before install. I feel like the dog needs every chance he can get to stay cool.

But really it's for the modern headlights blinding me at night.

View attachment 1716215539

View attachment 1716215540
Nice work. Looks good!
Was thinking about doing that myself. When I say myself, I mean having a tint shop put it on... ;-)
Where did you get your tint? What % light transmission?

Nice work. Looks good!
Was thinking about doing that myself. When I say myself, I mean having a tint shop put it on... ;-)
Where did you get your tint? What % light transmission?
I tried to put it on myself as I have done it before, but the curve was a bit too learning for me. I took it to some nice fellas that used a 15%. Pretty dark but not limo dark. I hope I haven't pushed this car too far with the tint and paint. You can make them look like crap if you try to hard and I really won't know until I can get it outside to get a good look at it.

I tried to put it on myself as I have done it before, but the curve was a bit too learning for me. I took it to some nice fellas that used a 15%. Pretty dark but not limo dark. I hope I haven't pushed this car too far with the tint and paint. You can make them look like crap if you try to hard and I really won't know until I can get it outside to get a good look at it.
Right on.
15%-20% is what I was thinking for the back glass and rear passenger windows. :thumbsup:

I found there was a gap between the trim and the gasket on the lower "swoopy" corners on the back glass. The trim is flush with the adjacent metal so no lowering of the clip to bring the trim closer towards the pinch weld. I used some non hardening window glaze to fill the gap.

The other solution would be to push the window outward at the bottom to lessen the gap.

I found there was a gap between the trim and the gasket on the lower "swoopy" corners on the back glass. The trim is flush with the adjacent metal so no lowering of the clip to bring the trim closer towards the pinch weld. I used some non hardening window glaze to fill the gap.

The other solution would be to push the window outward at the bottom to lessen the gap.
Good to know.
What was the "Goop" that Trev recommended, I saw it in the caulk gun but didn't make note of brand.

3m 08509

Im not totally sure if filling in the gap is proper, but i don't see an alternative at this time. I may toy with pushing seal out, but sometimes it's best to play it cool and let it lie.

My mindset has gone in the direction of get it running and driving.

1709500757139145399642.jpg

17095007795481660866172.jpg

-
Back