68 Baracuda Formula S Notchback trim

-
Each year has different trim and reverse lights. This is '68...

08-19-09_1550.jpg

I take it from your question that you dont have trunk trim for your 68, and were wondering whether other years would fit. The trunk trim u see on 684mulas' car is, in original form, commonly referred to as "unobtanium" - ie. extremely hard to find. It's made from aluminium, is easily damaged, and hard to repair. However reproduction pieces (upper and lower are actually different although they look the same) are now made by Laysons using stainless steel. I have had no experience with these repro items and as far as Layson's itself is concerned they have had some bad press over the years, so buyer beware. If you do go there the best advice I can give is to make sure they have items in stock before you hand over any money as in my experience they have a lot of stock on "back order" and are happy to take your money without telling you this.

Are the trim peices on the trunks of 67 - 69 Baracudas all the same

67 is 3 pieces, a narrow 1"+ trim piece top and bottom edge and a wider 4" or so panel in the center with "Barracuda" script on the right side and the pentastar emblem on the left.

68 is 2 pieces, 3-4" wide, 1 each top and bottom with "Barracuda" script and fish emblem attached to the "blank" center section of the lid.

69 is one single wide piece that covers the entire back of the lid.

None are interchangeable without drilling trim holes and in some cases filling exposed trim holes.

All 3 years have different taillights as well. Although they will physically fit in the 1/4 panel they will not line up with the trunk trim for a different year.

I just won the car at Moparfest. I don't know much about the early Baracudas .The top peice on the trunk was a little pitted. I know what to look for now Thanks.

I just won the car at Moparfest. I don't know much about the early Baracudas .The top peice on the trunk was a little pitted. I know what to look for now Thanks.

Right on, that's a nice car,( I drove it around to shows this spring/summer), congrats and welcome to FABO. I found the rides long with the radio delete.

Giles

Holy crap, you won that!? Its a quite a bit nicer than the Carlisle give aways. Its an actual Formula S? Are you aware that 340 Notch's are hard to come by. I believe that 351, '68 4 speed 340s notches were made. Who knows how many are left. I looked for a while before I found mine. Just like lots of people, I had a car years ago (a 69 340 notch) that I sold and was trying to find one simmilar.

I met a guy at Carlisle who lives up your way. He just finished a beautiful green 68 340/4 speed Notch. Bob something??? I cant remember his name off the top of my head but he posts on the Yahoo Barracuda Owners Group.

Good luck with the car.

-
Back