'68 Barracuda door frame paint?

-

AHcuda

Reaction score
I asked this several months ago and cannot find the post. My inside Black door framework needs redone. What Black paint is best to use for upper and lower door frame?

I have no idea!

When I repainted my dash I used speced paint from TCP Global! It layed out nice and had the correct texture! Look at the OEM manual,the paint code should be there and they can provide it.

Manuals are available at Mymopar.net

Inner door frames are always gloss, so get the same paint as used on the outside of the black cars.

Inner door frames are always gloss, so get the same paint as used on the outside of the black cars.

That's is how my B5 interior door Upper/Lower's are done! The Judges at Garlits last year thought they were to shiny! Go figure, guess they wanted to see old and used! I know they are correct based on the paint codes, but you can not please everyone! They loved the dash though? So they were partially educated on correct finishes.

Definitely not a high gloss. I learned this the hard way. High gloss black epoxy appliance paint shows every fingerprint. OEM had to be a medium gloss that more closely matched the vinyls finish.

just wish i could get a paint that closely matched my other interior metal panels

I painted all of it, rear uppers, roof rail, a-pillar plastics too. I say I'll try to correct it all someday.
The dash and steering column are a suede finish that really doesn't match anything else. Kind of matches the dash pad.
Here's an idea, If you have black lower vent(s) in the door(s), remove one and try to match the best/newest looking part of it, color and sheen. I have to think that's how the factory did it. They matched spray paint to those adjacent plastic parts.

-
Back