68 Barracuda Formula S

-

61forfun

Reaction score
Some pics of my restoration. Spent this weekend trying to get my dash to look as purdy as the paint.

Attachments

• Dash1.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 743
  • 68Cuda.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 700
  • Radio.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 705
  • IMG_1373.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 716
  • Dash41.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 701
  • Dash21.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 734
  • Dash3.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 717
The pic of the car is not mine, but looks just like my car.. I will post some pics of my car shortly

Wow great looking car. And welcome to the club.

Here are a few pics of my cars exterior and a few shots of various the various restoration projects relative to this car. My 9 year old son helps me daily on these cars. I have a 61' Dodge Dart Pioneer too. Love these old Mopars!! :)

Attachments

• Grille pre restore1.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 665
  • Landy restoring grille.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 651
  • Finishe grille1.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 645
  • just outta paint).jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 655
  • Nose with guards.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 676
Couple more

Attachments

• Cuda front nose.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 694
  • rear clip restore fascia1.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 650
That's really,really nice; That your young son helps
And the car is coming along really nicely ,too.

Thanks, yeah having my son be part of this resto, really gives a nice foundation for bonding and creating another car nut.

here is a shot of dash at tear down. Weird rust right at the dash pad line. It cleaned up and a few coat of primer after removing the surface rust helped to get a level surface to repaint. I really like the OER brand paints. They are dead on original , color, texture/finish.

Attachments

• dash before.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 640
Looking great. Looks like a very similar color to mine. Love the color.

Attachments

• IMG_4135.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 591
Beautiful fish! Glad the young 'un is out there by your side.

Hey dmaccons how ya been! I love with that notchback

Nice Cuda. Any pics of the '61?

here are some of our 61' Dodge- Built a 413 to replace the tired 318. I have a whole long ram setup for it, but it runs so nice on the 4barrel and it's so reliable, I hate to mess with it. Super fun car. Not an A-body but definitely from the loins of Mother Mopar...lol

Attachments

• 100_1238.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 587
  • photo 3(1).jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 567
  • 100_0881.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 579
  • 100_1199.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 540
  • 100_1220.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 584
  • 100_0966.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 552
  • 100_0983.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 584
My son and his friend having some well deserved ice cream after helping with stripping car. Our car was in pretty good shape with solid floors and minimal rust. Little rust in window channels, the worst being in driver side lower rear quarter.

Attachments

• 100_1436.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 553
  • 100_1440.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 552
hi 61for fun...

your barracuda is extremely nice. i spent about 2600 hours doing my 68 (it's like the feature car on the 68 literature only with cragars) and i know how much work it takes to get a car to your level. i am particularly impressed with how perfect you got the trunk lid molding to line up with the tail lights. that is a very hard thing to accomplish. best wishes for finishing your car...

Beautiful car.

My all time favorite year and model.

I see you purchased the reproduction AM/FM stereo radio.

What do you think of it? Have you been able to hear the sound of it yet?

hi 61for fun...

your barracuda is extremely nice. i spent about 2600 hours doing my 68 (it's like the feature car on the 68 literature only with cragars) and i know how much work it takes to get a car to your level. i am particularly impressed with how perfect you got the trunk lid molding to line up with the tail lights. that is a very hard thing to accomplish. best wishes for finishing your car...

Thank you much, yeah lotsa of work/fun, trunk alignment was a pain when I tried doing it on my own, but made simple when I put the kid in the trunk with a flashlight and a wrench. It allowed me to close rhe trunk perfectly align, hold in place while he tightened the hinge bolts

61 for fun... i hope you let your kid out of the trunk!! that's a great way to teach a kid about old cars and get some "quality time" together. your car is a perfect color for Christmas - you should park it in your yard with some lights and reindeer around it. best wishes over the holidays...

61 for fun... i hope you let your kid out of the trunk!! that's a great way to teach a kid about old cars and get some "quality time" together. your car is a perfect color for Christmas - you should park it in your yard with some lights and reindeer around it. best wishes over the holidays...

Now that's a thought!

-
Back