68 barracuda front speaker

-

Darren

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey guys
What's my opinions for front speakers for my 68 barracuda. My radio is a AM/FM .
I assume I need 8 ohm speakers? I am Considering 2 X 3.5" speakers and wiring in series to make 8 ohms. I also thought of having my original reconed but it looks bad and nobody locally does it.
My system also has a Motorola Reverb so it also has a rear speaker looks like 6x9, but it looks good for now, I'm just doing front because I have cluster out and have lots of room.
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
There are a couple members that sell a plate that mounts in original spot and will hold 2 3.5" speakers I believe. I put one in our 67. Works great.
@moparmat2000 is one and the other members name is Jerry, not sure of his signature name
@'74 Sport is his name.

Use the factory 8 ohm speaker. don't damage that radio.
This is the speaker I removed.
I tried searching the part # all as I got was its either 4,8,16 ohms.
Can we confirm it's 8ohms?
Thanks

20210505_125702.jpg

Here is the part # I got the info, I'm assuming the "C" indicates 4,8, or 16 ohm
Thanks

Screenshot_20210505-131405_OneDrive.jpg

As far as I know it should be a standard 8 ohm. The back speaker that I put in that car came from the parts dept. It was a kit w/ the trim and should be an original Mopar accessary. You have to have a front and back speaker for the reverb to work. Good luck, Murray.

Do you have an ohm meter. Maybe those extra terminals are for the different ohm settings. Any numbers?
Yes I have a ohm meter..
Wha
Do you have an ohm meter. Maybe those extra terminals are for the different ohm settings. Any numbers?
The speaker cone is torn up pretty good.
I can't get any #'s from it.
Thanks

I assume your AM/FM is factory Darren? Not sure what you want(if any) for tunes in your cuda, but we had our am/FM in the 67 refurbished (big $$) and the damned thing only puts out something like 5 watts per channel. We will be upgrading to a hidden system eventually.

I assume your AM/FM is factory Darren? Not sure what you want(if any) for tunes in your cuda, but we had our am/FM in the 67 refurbished (big $$) and the damned thing only puts out something like 5 watts per channel. We will be upgrading to a hidden system eventually.
Hey Steve..
I'm just looking to have it the way it was back in the day..( I got all the music I need under the hood lol)
I'm having a hard time finding a 8 ohm 4x10 speaker (preferably in Canada) I'm going to drop it off at a local shop to see if they can rebuild it..
Thanks.

Yes I have a ohm meter..
Wha

The speaker cone is torn up pretty good.
I can't get any #'s from it.
Thanks

If the cone is bad, there are some 8 ohm 4 x 10 in speakers on eBay now.
Vintage Radio Shack 4" X 10" Full Range Speaker - 40-1297C NOS New Old Stock! | eBay
Vintage Radio Shack 4" X 10" Full Range Speaker - 40-1297C NOS New in Box | eBay
1970 Molar reconed radio speaker 2864785 | eBay

Here is a manufacturer selling similar to OEM speakers
Classic Car Speakers

There are people reconing/rebuilding them also.

Electro-tech is who I went with. Cheaper and better than reconing the old one.

-
Back