68 Barracuda owner in Springfield Missouri?

-

John Thornton

Reaction score
I hope someone here can help me. I'm needing a good quality digital photo of a couple of '68 Barracuda emblems.
Specifically I need a photo of the actual Barracuda, I believe it might be referred to as the swimmer?
I also need the name plate, the script that spells Barracuda. I believe it is on the trunk but it might be on the front fenders as well.
If someone in Springfield with a '68 Barracuda would let me take a few photos I would be grateful. Alternately if someone could send me via email decent resolution photos of these items that might work as well.
Correct me if I'm wrong but the first series Barracuda's had Barracuda script with a black recess in the center of the letters and the second series script is all chrome? I need the all chrome script.
Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Missouri wasn't listed as being part of the South Central region but since MO isn't listed as part of any region and there was a mention of a Branson meet here I assumed MO was covered here. If not please direct me to the proper chapter.
Thank You.
John Thornton

Welcome. My 68 doesn't have the trunk lid badges. Someone will hook you up I'm sure.

Welcome to FABO John! If I can help with pics, just PM me with your email address. And I'm not too far from Missouri ... Tennessee isn't covered by any formal "region" on FABO either. :-D

You are correct that a 1968 Barracuda has chrome side script, but they are unique to 1968 and are thinner than the other scripts. They are being reproduced and I have a set on my car now. Only downside to the reproductions are that they are slightly (and I mean slightly) thinner than the original ones which cause them to be a little easier to bend when you tighten the speed nuts. Since my car is a fair weather vehicle, I can not comment on how well they hold up.. Only time with tell here with our coastal environment.

My original emblems.

stripe.JPG

My reproduction emblems.

newpaintemblem.jpg

The trunk script is different however. It is more of a flat surface with a brushed finish with the sides of the script painted black.

As for 1967 and 1969, they use the inset script like you described for the first generation (look at the images... slightly different script), but the inset is painted for a '67
3264488045_3194f7888a.jpg

Not painted for a '69
1003phr_12_o%201969_plymouth_barracuda%20barracuda_emblem.jpg

-
Back