[WANTED] 68 Barracuda Restoration

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a spare pair but man they are really really rough, trying to decide how to fix, or if I need to get em scanned and get new ones 3D printed

I got a spare pair but man they are really really rough, trying to decide how to fix, or if I need to get em scanned and get new ones 3D printed
Let me know if you decide to go the 3-D print route. I had not thought of that. They also have a rubber flap on the back that needs 3 pins for attachment.

If I have it done, it will have 3 pins. Got to find a place around here that can scan and print these. It would be either reuse old flap n clips, or make new rubber flap. My sons 69 notch does not have these. If not a perfect exacting resto, why not weld up the holes, bodywork them, and eliminate the vents. Using a 68 door on my sons 69. Moving lock hole forward, and filling in the vent hole on it.

I have put in a request for a quote to scan the old vent for a 3D model. I'm not expecting a cheap quote. The doors are already painted and ready for final assembly so I am not excited about welding up the holes at this time. I may just go with a screw-on flat cover plate painted to match the rest of the door.

I found good used vent louvers at Tony's MOPAR Parts. $45 each but he's the only game in town. Thanks for the help and suggestions. BTW, quote for scanning a 3D model to have them 3D printed was ~$300!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back