68 barracuda suspension

-

LarryB 68 B

Reaction score
Hi, first post here. I am buidling a 68 barracuda, I have a new dana 60 and am about to put on springs and torsion bars. I am thinking Hotchkiss springs and firm feel 1.12 torsion bars. My questions are these: will I need a drop torsion bar to make the ride height correct with the Hotchkiss springs. Are there other cheaper springs that also give you good handling. And is 4.5 x 8 good backspace good for this application. Has anyone done this yet that is willing to share some information. Thanks Larry

Hello Larry, and welcome to FABO!! I can lend an answer to your question, but just wanted to say welcome to our site, and that its good to have you with us!! Someone will certainly chime in with suggestions and input to your thread, lots of very knowledgeable people here!! Geof

Hotchkis and Firm Feel both sell quality stuff. You might want to consider buying all your stuff from one or the other. It may streamline the tech support process if you have questions down the road.

If by 4.5 x 8 backspace you mean 4.5" of backspace on an 8" wide rim, I think you should be OK. I'd unwrap one rim and measure real carefully before I threw away the boxes and mounted tires on all four.

I will measure a rim first for sure. Thanks. I didn't see any 1.12 torsion bars on Hotchkis Web site but I could have missed it. I have read some people say Hotchkis leaf springs drop the car too much, not sure
Also will the torsion bars adjust low enough for the Hotchkis leafs? And 4.5 back spacing 8" wide and I am thinking 18" wheel. Torq thrust black in center polished out outer rim and the car is yellow. Thanks for the responses Larry

-
Back