68 barracuda with a bench seat.

-

yellowdart72

Reaction score
I went to take a look at a 68 barracuda that is for sale locally with a friend. I was surprised to find that it is a real 340 car and yet it has a bench seat.

I have seen barracudas with benches but they have always been slant six cars, cant say I ever seen a 340 car with a bench before. Is this a rare deal to have a bench in a 340 car?

My 68 was originally 6 cylinder form factory but had bucket seats and center console as options.

Boy am I glad it had these options, it looks good.

My first 68 fastback was a 318 2bbl car with column shift and a bench seat.

My 67 Formula S has a console and auto with buckets.

My 68 Formula S is also a console auto with buckets.

My old 68 fastback daily driver 318 2bbl car had column shift and bench seat.

My old 67 Formula S college beater had an auto with a console and buckets.

My 68 Formula S 340 Barracuda coupe was originally a bench seat column shift car.

Weird that is has a lot of options. Not a striped car... Vinyl roof, white stripe, light group, sure grip, power brakes, tach, instrument decor with wood wheel, rocker gill moldings, wheel well moldings, bumper guards, remote mirror, passenger mirror.

bench with folding arm rest was standard on coupe and fastback. Buckets std on Vert.
interior decor package (buckets were 90 to 100 depending on model.
console was a $53 option

so 150 for bucks and console. Not exactly cheap. He/she spent on the good stuff 340 formula-s package $186!

Back in those years many buyers ordered cars with various options by check marking boxes on forms. Farther back you go the more common this was. So finding a 340 car with bench and 3 or 4 manual in the floor, any combination, is likely.

Yes, bench is standard with buckets as an option. Does it have a folding armrest in the middle?

In '69 bench seat with folding armrest was standard, BUT if you bought a " 'cuda package " it came with the LOWEST bench seat that DOES NOT have a folding armrest, just a folding split bench which is RARELY seen. Most 'cuda package cars I've seen have at least the bench/armrest OPTION, but most have buckets.
To throw a twist in the whole 'cuda package deal is ALL 440 cars came with buckets because a console automatic was mandatory!!!!
I've owned 6 'cuda package cars at one time(5 now) and only ONE has the split bench, no armrest. Out of all the 'cuda package cars I've seen I can only recount seeing 2 others with the base seat L2_.

The original owner of my car ordered it with 273 Commando V8, non-power disk brakes, manual steering, column shift, bench seat, HD suspension with sway bar delete -- he seemed to be very sure about what he DIDN'T want.

My 69 383-s fastback is a bench seat, four speed, with fast ratio steering. How is that for a combo?

My 69 formula s 340 had a bench seat with a 4 speed. I sold it in 1974 and around 1978 someone from detroit bought it from the girl i sold it to. It
was b blue. It most likely has been scraped years ago but i still have the paper work if anyone knows where it is.

-
Back