68 barracuda

-

jackrunner

Reaction score
does anybody know if there is a power steering conversion kit, or where i can get parts to make my own for a 68 .

The steering box is available through your local parts store as a rebuild or you can get an upgrade box from outfits like Steer and Gear or Firm Feel. The pump and hoses are also available through the local parts store.

You will need to scrounge brackets from the same engine you have to mount the pump and unless you can find a power steering column you will need to do some cutting to make the manual column work.

I swapped my 68 Cuda to power steering using a 73 Dart parts car I had. It's been one of the most satisfying changes I have made. Completely change the personality of the car. From a sluggish slow handling car into a quick and nimble handler, not to mention improving parking lot maneuvering.

thanks for youre input. how much would you say it cost you to do it. thanx

I purchased a rebuilt box for a little over $100, a rebuilt pump for ~$50, a high pressure hose a high pressure hose for ~$25 and a new pitman arm for ~$40. Every thing else came off the doner Dart I had which didn't cost me anything.

do you have manual sterring stuff now??? If so I will trade you everything you need for what you have

-
Back